X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    This is my site: http://thejuiceplanet.com
    As you can see from the menu bar, I would like to set up a members only area. I would like people to pay to access this area.

I have read through quite a few threads about the same thing but I remain confused about the steps I need to take to set this up effectively.

As I understand it, the first step I need to take is to set up a members folder in CP which then needs to be password protected.

Then I read through a post in which Navaldesign set up the steps to creating the pages in php.

This is the url of the thread: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...lp-needed.html

And this is what he said:

"All script pages need to be php
    No need for new folders, the scripts protects each single page.
    Protected pages MUST also be php
    You start creating, in order:

1. A page with the Signup object which will create the Signup form
    2. A page with the Login object (that will be used for users to Login each time they visit)
    3. a Page with the Admini object (That will allow you to manage your users)
    4. A Deny page: a page with a simple "Sorry, you have no permissions to access this page. Please Login or Register" message. Link the "Login" text to the Login page, and the Signup text to the Signup page.
    5. A Page with the Forgot Password object, that will allow your members to recover their password if forgotten."

So now I am even more confused.

It seems to me from what I have read that to set up a streamlined sign -up process for my members to set up their own accounts, pay for membership and then have access to all the member features that I need a script. Where do I get such a script?

Is there a tutorial that will guide me through this process from start to finish?

As I am sure you can tell I am very new to this stuff. Building a website with the BV software is easy as pie, but when people start using the words 'script' and php, I start to get a little nervous.

By the way, what does it mean to build a page in php? Does that mean I need to use code rather than the drag and drop that I use in BV's html page builder? And if so does this mean I need different software.

You can tell I'm a newbie right, so many questions :)

Look forward to your helpful reply.

Re: Sign up forms, paid members areas, phpbb forum...help please.

It sounds like you should not be using PHPBB for what you want to accomplish. PHPBB is very limited in its functionality for paid membership management. I would use wordpress, with the buddypress addon, also Google the words "wordpress membership management" and you will see many options, some free, some not.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

P.S. I have been juicing for over a year and I love it!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My subscription to threads via email isn't working, so, a year after the fact I just found your reply :) I'm still juicing and still loving it :) Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X