Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I deleted all my drivers

Hello,

Yesterday I installed the CCleaner and made a registry clean up and suddenly all my drivers are gone. I opened the device manager and it's empty. The sound, the USB phone, printer scanner all drivers have disappeared.

And also the computer is very slow at the start up, I went to the system configuration utility, and in the "startup" button, I wanted to remove some of the things that I don't need at start up, but I can't, it's telling me I have to log in as administrator to make changes, and I am the administrator......

A technician is coming this Friday to re-format my C drive and re-install all the programs again.

- 1st question, is there any way I can recuperate the drivers instead of reformatting the C drive? P.S. I didn’t do a back up when I cleaned the registry.

- 2nd, if I re-format the C drive and re-install all the programs, do I also need to download the Blue Voda again? My Blue Voda files are backed in my D drive, would it affect if I re-download the Blue Voda??

Thanks for your help
    Gullekian

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

www.geemax.net
    www.dikranandkelly.com
    www.bjvino.com

Re: CCleaner deleted all my drivers

Hi, you may loose a little info, but have you tried a system restore to a time before you run the cleaner.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: I deleted all my drivers

// you may loose a little info //

To be honest, loosing all the drives is not a little info, I have to reformat my hard drive and re-install all the programs, that's more than a day's job. I don't know if every time I run the registry cleaner I will end up with the same problem.

I went to my system restore but unfortunately it was set up on "off" position, and the earliest restore time was after I ran the CCcleaner, so it wouldn't do any good I guess.

Thanks for your reply
      Gullekian

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

www.geemax.net
      www.dikranandkelly.com
      www.bjvino.com

Comment

Re: I deleted all my drivers

The registry cleaner SHOULDNT have killed your drivers. Im not sure WHICH SYSTEM you used. If you are running vista this is why you are getting the admin errors.. it requires users as admins to access some areas of the computer. You have to assign your user name as an admin. This maybe whey you cant SEE your drivers or hardware installed. They may NOT be gone at all. The registry cleaner may have just wiped out your USER PROFILE so you will need to reset it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X