Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to publish from FP 2003 in ftp or FP extensions

Hi All,

I'm horribly lost. First, I don't remember my settings I used to even get the Index thing to show up on my site, www.plug-into-the-system.com All I see is "Index of / " and then some go-nowhere folders.

Then, after getting exasperated with the whole thing, I ditched the publishing efforts, thinking I could figure it out later, and kept working on my site in FP 2003 for another week.

Now I'm trying any way I can to publish, first trying ftp. First I made an FTP account in cpanel - cpanel gives me my ftp username, my password, my ftp server name, and ftp server port number 21. But Frontpage uses different terms - it asks for "remote website location" and "ftp directory". It also has a checkbox for "use passive ftp". What the???? Do I have the info I need but I just don't know what to put where?

Under "remote website location" it keeps wanting me to use this: ftp://ftp.plug-into-the-system.com/208.43.222.135/ Is this the correct format?

So, getting exasperated with ftp, I try using FP Extensions. My extensions are installed according to cpanel. I use http://plug-into-the-system.com as my "Remote website location", and then when I hit OK (as in OK, dear God, please just let it work!), I get a Frontpage error message saying the extensions may not be installed.

Man, I do wish VH had some phone support!!!!! I'd pay money for that right now!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: trying to publish from FP 2003 in ftp or FP extensions

First off, you don't have index file that should
    go right under public_html. The index.html is all
    lowercase.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Re: trying to publish from FP 2003 in ftp or FP extensions

Hi,

The first requirement is you must have a VodaHost hosting account.
      If you already do, then proceed to the following link to learn more on
      how to use FrontPage with your hosting account.

Here is the link...........

You have to make a choice of using FP or BlueVoda.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
      X