Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there an example of the rollover image here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there an example of the rollover image here?

I have no idea what a roll over image looks like, and I would like to see it actualy working. Can anyone help me with this?

sugarplum

Re: is there an example of the rollover image here?

Originally posted by sugarplum
    I have no idea what a roll over image looks like, and I would like to see it actualy working. Can anyone help me with this?

sugarplum
    A roll over image is just like a regular picture - a photograph for example. Then when you move your mouse to it - it changes to a different picture. So it's two images one without the mouse and another for when the mouse hovers. A lot of people use this effect on their navigation buttons. One colour normally then changing to a second colour when the mouse is rolled over them. You can see it to a small extent on the buttons in this forum. They are just grey normally but when you roll your mouse over them the are outlined in orange. That's the roll-over effect.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

On my main page - http://www.netisopen.com on the left hand side is a picture of me and my twin. Give it a look.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi sugarplum
        what sort of roll over are you looking,
        http://www.aliensanonymous.org/gallerys2.html
        or
        http://www.aliensanonymous.org/gallerys3.html

or are you looking for a roll over on mouseover.
        ps: I have the script ready for you for your first request
        if you would like it.

Comment

Hey Mr. Aliens,
          yes I am ready for my script!!
          can you email it or will you post it here?

Thanks a million
          sugarplum

Comment

Hi sugarplum
            if you email me from the button on the front page of Area 51, with your email address i will send you the script plus it's js file.
            OK

Comment

what sort of roll over are you looking,
              http://www.aliensanonymous.org/gallerys2.html
              or
              http://www.aliensanonymous.org/gallerys3.html

or are you looking for a roll over on mouseover.
              Hi Aliens Anonymous. I'm trying to do the second rollover you have. Where I can roll my mouse over my frontpage and it will take me to my homepage and the rest of the website. Can you please tell me how to do that? Thanks!

Comment

Hummm well I got it to rollover to a different page but the page it brings up is.........a 403 Forbidden and says "you don't have permission to access /on this server.

and the URL has.....my web address in it.

Comment

The script you are talking about is ment to be used as a gallery for showing images, with links to each different page.

if you would like to email me using the link on the page i will send you the script and the instructions.

Comment

Ok as i have to go, i have updated the page to show the two scripts, step 1 goes in the head of the page ( and has the edits images and link ) step 2 goes in to a html box and placed were you want it on the page.

Comment

Thanks Aliens Anonymous. I tried the link on your site again and I guess it's not exactly what I want. I notice when I leave my curser on your image a bit longer.....other images show.

What I'm trying to do is a rollover on my frontpage that will take you to the mainpage of my website. Kind of when you hold the curser over the frontpage or first page, the curser changes from an arrow to a hand and when you click it, it takes you to the main or next page where the navigation buttons are. Did that make any sense? I did get the rollover to do that but I'm not sure if it will take me to the next page as I get an error on the page that pops up in preview.

Comment

I guess we were posting at the same time Aliens Anonymous. I am building an art gallery so I might be able to use that. Thanks.

Comment

the curser will only change when there is a link in the script. the script for that page does that , other images appear on that link because i have set it up like that if you only want one then you only put one image and link in the script. the are other types of this sort of links. http://www.angies-cyberscripts.org/gallerys_page.html most of the ones there can be linked and changed to have 1 or 2 images.

Comment

Thanks Aliens Anonymous!

Comment

Working...
                            X