This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking thumbnails to videos

I have a new site where I'd like people to be able to download my personal home videos. I have thumbnail pictures of the videos, but how do i link those pictures to my videos? So all they have to do is either click on the thumbnail to view or download the video. I've tried hyperlinking through my ftp but every time it asks for a password. There's got to be an easier way!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Linking thumbnails with videos

1. You will first need to upload the video files individually to your public_html/ directory in your hosting account.
    2. Hyperlink the images individually to the file: for example, if your video file uploaded is called "test-video1.wmv" then you should use a link similar to http://www.YourDomain.com/test-video1.wmv

In this way, when a visitor clicks on the image, the Windows Media player will automatically display and load and play the video file.

Visitors who know how can also right-click on the image and SAVE TARGET AS to download the video to save on their system as well, and you may wish to include the same simple instruction as small text under the image or in the same area for those that may not know how to download/save the file.

* Note that this is different than having a video player on your webpage that Visitors can start, stop, forward, etc. If you choose this option, you will need to click on the Media File Box icon in Blue Voda and in the appropriate area enter that same hyperlink so the player links, loads, and plays that same uploaded file.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

It works like a charm! I can't thank you enough!

Comment

.... and on we go!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X