Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have time to review my site?

Hello,

If you have time, could you please take a look at my new wedding site...

I have very thick skin so don't worry. I'd rather know!!

Thank you in advance! xx
    Sally
    www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
    info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Re: Anyone have time to review my site?

I think it looks pretty good! Nice colors, great page transitions and good links.

You may want to put a footer on each page: "Copyright (C) 2010 "your company name"

There are some good affiliate partners out there for wedding supplies, maybe a link or affiliate program to make an all in one shop site? Just a thought..

Thumbs up!
    www.SflaMarineRepair.com
    Have a Great day!

Comment

Hi Sally,
      yeah - good! Just like your others :)
      Here are a couple of things I spotted though:

Home: packed with tips and advice, funny, 'cause in the "Any questions" text you spell it correctly!! :)
      Services: same typo lol
      ask our expert for advice.
      Free Study:
      and too big a risk.................. not to mention your new husband maybe "&/or wife" to be totally politically correct lol
      Ask An Expert: again!
      give you inside advice................ Mary: to make things legal,
      Maps &: the "click here for Google map" link is not there?

But the site is lovely & I wish you every success,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thank you both so much!
        I had no idea there were so many typos on there!! I will never spell advice wrongly again!!!
        The whole site is affiliate deals and JVs making it possible to offer all the services without charging a planning fee. I don't know what else you had in mind I could do but if you check back and read this let me know!!
        Thanks again! Much apreciated!
        Sally

Comment

One of the best Blue Voda created websites I have seen in a long time. Nice work on colors.
          Now, I have two suggestions: On the main page, under Select a Service, there are those square grey boxes. For some reason, they all have different ID, I have noticed this with Blue Voda, each time you copy an image, and paste it again on the page, it gives the image a new ID, although it could use the original. So I suggest you change them all to same name, it would improve loading time. I know, that image is only couple of bytes, but every little helps.
          And other thing is similar to first one - beside those squares there are text links..See how first ones are in line with squares, but last ones are totally out of place? That would be something I would change as well...

Comment

Thank you! For the ID numbers, I can see they are different when I right click and select to see the HTML. Can I just change this ID number in the coding to any number so that they are all the same? Is that how I should do it??
            The link wording isn't out of line to the grey boxes on my laptop. I'll try opening it through another computer. Could that give a different result? I know on my notebook, page open differently sometimes.
            When I asked for reviews, I was waiting for someone to say the page looks terrible when you load it as the main picture is made up of lots of little squares on the left as I needed to make a plain area for the logo on the left but had to patch it to make the shaded background match. Do you not think this is a problem?? Everytime I open the site, I think it looks so bad as you can see what I've done!
            Sally

Comment

No, it's not terrible. It's pretty good for Blue Voda generated graphics. I only use photoshop for graphic designing, slice them and paste them in BV. Makes my life easier, but I guess, we all have different ways of doing things...
              Yes, that's how you should change the ID of those boxes, in HTML.
              Logo has the same problem, each time it loads again. Did you build it from many different images? If you don't know how to use photoshop, build your logo in BV, then paste all images in PS and save them as one image, that will also reduce the size of logo. If you need any help, feel free to contact me, I'm graphic designer and I'm bored lol

Comment

Thank you! I'll give it a go and let you know when I get stuck!
                Sally

Comment

Looking better all the time, Sally!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I was looking for some sample sites with BV to compare my work with...so I can improve, not be critical. I must say your site is lovely and I couldn't find a broken link anywhere! Your site is an inspiration and testimony to the great things that BV does. And the new version is even more awesome. I am not a graphic designer or a web designer but I sure can make myself look like I know what I am doing with BV. Kudos to you and all those who support us with their knowledge.
                    one of my sites...since I snooped around in yours :)
                    www.neffwood.com keep up the good work!

Comment

Nice design - VERY professional. Not in the market for wedding services but if I was I don't think I could find a site that would give me confidence more than yours.

I hope business is good!

Paul

Comment

The site looks very well done and professional. There was only one flaw that I spotted, and it's not a very big one. The picture with the couple walking away from the boat...you put the Gride and Groom walking away from a boat. I don't know if you did that on purpose, but I figured it was supposed to be Bride and Groom.

Good Job though!

Comment

Ohh - Well spotted! Thank you! x
                          Sally

Comment

My pages are very looooong

I have set my pages to the correct length I want them...but some are misbehaving and have a huge white gap at the bottom - Anyone know what I should do?
                            e.g.s

and

Thank you!
                            Sally

Comment

May wish to "highlight" all items on the page to see if there is an orphaned element, or something extending beyond the page margins ....

If you need tips on how to do this, this thread might offer some ideas.
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X