This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Facebook LIKE Button?

Can someone ell me how to install the facebook like button to the pages of my site (preferably with html). I don't know how to use the Java or iframe but if that's all that is available I wll try those if you can give me the directions.
    Thanks so much
    Melissa
    Taja Siberians
    http://TajaSiberians.net

Re: Facebook like button

Hi Melissa

It is quite easy. Do a google search on facebook buttons. Then when you have found the button you like, just copy the html code provided onto your html box (You will find the html insert function when you go to insert-advanced-html.) Drag this box to where you want the button to show.

Save your page and publish.
    Professional Photography Services Pretoria
    Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

Re: Facebook like button

Originally posted by scdsuccess View Post
      It is quite easy. Do a google search on facebook buttons. Then when you have found the button you like, just copy the html code provided onto your html box (You will find the html insert function when you go to insert-advanced-html.) Drag this box to where you want the button to show.
      Save your page and publish.
      Actually, NO ... this is simply the method to 'dynamically' produce an image that is "hosted" elsewhere, and does not contain the proper code to allow that image to do anything, let alone provide an active "Like" function.
      A much cleaner method to link to your Facebook page (without the "Like" function) is this:
      If you Google for Facebook Icons, you can select and save one to your local hard drive that you will simply insert to your BV webpage as an image, and then hyperlink that image using the Copy+Paste method of the URL you copied from the addressbar when visiting your Facebook Page.

How To Add The Facebook "Like" Button To Your Website

You will COPY+PASTE the proper HTML code into an HTML Box in Blue Voda which will then create the correct "Like" button and function without requiring Visitors to leave your website.

1. You will first need to visit the Facebook Developer section and generate the proper HTML Code (which I suggest you immediately paste onto a new Word document and save separately for use later if needed on different pages).
      Use this link for the proper Facebook area to generate your specific code > http://developers.facebook.com/docs/.../plugins/like/

2. In an open BlueVoda page you want to install the FB Like button, use the command or toolbar icon to insert HTML Box.

3. Double-click on the HTML Box to open it, and paste in the code you generated using the Facebook code generator.

4. Close the HTML Box, re-size it to a more managable size, and re-poistion it as desired.

* Duplicate the above processes for each page of the website.

* The Facebook "Like" button will display in Preview, but only function after the page is published.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X