Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to put Comments on BV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to put Comments on BV ?

Hi does any know how to put comments on BV so people can leave me commemnts on my pages please if anyone know how to or if i need a software or code or something please let me know
    thank you
    Danny

p.s i have a guestbook on the site already and i try to have few more of them and call them commeants but when its on the site its change to guestbook so i dont think u can have more then just one guestbook if i can and u know a way that would help so much

or if i can make a form and make it as a comment it would post on the site that would be great to anything :)

this is the site that im trying to make comments for www.rflli.com/alvin.html this is one of the pages that im trying to do
    any help would be great
    Danny B.

Re: Does anyone know how to put Comments on BV ?

Hi Danny,

I'm new here and have much less rank than you. Just now I've been studying forms by playing the three video tutorials on forms. Do study them, for you will learn how to add your comments page. Good luck from the shoemaker.

Comment

Originally posted by shoemaker View Post
      Hi Danny,

I'm new here and have much less rank than you. Just now I've been studying forms by playing the three video tutorials on forms. Do study them, for you will learn how to add your comments page. Good luck from the shoemaker.
      Rank should not hold too much sway here, because you can gain RANK by "helpful" or "questions" or "advice" postings.....
      and you can gain rank by joining in the talk forums, joke forums, or whatever.

Beside, the Ranking system injects a bit of FUN into voderland.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you expand a little on "how to add a comments page" (which video for example).................
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Yea, but I'm afraid of rank. I should be a mule-skinner or a scout. I like the buckskin, fringes, and some beads on the shoulders.

Comment

Three tutorials on Forms:

1. Form Wizard (easy and fast)

2. Form Wizard--Creating a Form from Scratch

3. How to Edit a Form (already created)

Comment

Hi Danny, are you looking for a comments script for a particular reason. IE was it for comments on an image or how to do something with a bike??
            Was just thinking the way your site is going, a forum might be an idea. There are 2 good freebies in your c panel in fantasico.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

shoemaker u funny :) if u know how just let every one know and the form doesnt do what i need it to be....

Hi Chris what im looking is something the same as the guestbook that someone can sign your page but i need to do it for each memeber i try to put guestbook on every page and just change the name to comments but its seem like its comes up as only the guestbook

even if i can use the comments for image and it would post right away on the page i can use that i look at cpanel but i dont see anything there do u know the name and where in cpanel it is ?
              thank you
              Danny B.

Comment

I will put a shout out to Naval as he said there was a way to have more than 1 guest book by changing the name of the database file for each one. I tried this, but no joy as yet.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Couldn't get it to work via changing file names for each guest book. But it will work if you create a guest book for each member & place it in its own directory. So create a sub directory of your public_html called gbook, then another directory called Danny under this, then 1 called mike, then one called fred & so on. From here create a page called dannygb & place a guest book in the top left had corner of the page (Dont center these pages).
                  Now publish the guest book to your .......................
                  public_html/gbook/danny/
                  & the next one to
                  public_html/gbook/mike/
                  &
                  public_html/gbook/fred/
                  & so on.

The link to the 1st GB will be www.yoursite.com/gbook/danny/dannygb.php

This you can place in an iframe or to save space if your having a few on one page. Place it in a pop up via a link on the page.
                  So you are basically creating what you have done already on your G/Book page but placing each one in its own directory.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris how are u doing thank you very much for your help with this ill try it out and let u know if it work :) and again thank you for takeing the time with this
                    Danny B.

Comment

No problem, always help a biker. (A rule of the road)

Good luck.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris how are u doing ? i get it to work :) what i did is like u said i did a subnames in my public_html and i make each memeber is own sub index and i had to copy the guestbookgb and put it in the folder of the memebr so its going to be like www.alvin.rflli.com and it works :) thank you for your help with this .. :)
                        Danny B.

Comment

Hi, its ok the way your doing it & it will give each member there own sub domain. Not sure if this will effect the sites rankings thouigh? But what it was meant to be was a sub directory & not a sub domain. (I know, it gets confusing)
                          This means you just go into your cpanel & then into your public_html area & create a folder called ?????? gbook, then click on the gbook folder & create a load of folders by the name of each member. So if you have 20 members, you will have 20 folders under the gbook folder.
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, i try that it didnt work for me i dont know maybe i did it wrong ill try again and i try to upload the files to the site and the BV tell me it cant find it when i try to upload it i was doing it like this public_html/gbook/name and it give me ererr code i thing was 505 cant find the directory was i doing it wrong ?
                            Danny B.

Comment

Hi chris i thing i get it the way u said but i had to do one subdomin called member so its going to be like www.member.rflli.com/alvin or any memeber i had to do it this way becouse i have like 10 domain names on my account not just one but its seem to work right now lets hope it would stay like that :) and again just want to say thank you for everything now i just have to see what else i can to put on the site to make it look good :)
                              Danny B.

Comment

Working...
                              X