Site Appearance on different screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Appearance on different screens

I am new to the voda system. I am building 2 sites at the moment and its a real joy using the system. I work with 2 screens and the sites look fine on these screens - one 17 inch and the other19inch. When I publish on the net they are centred with spaces either side and thats how I want them. However, on other peoples comoputers they are skewed to the right. What settings should I use so they are centred on all screen sizes and resolutions? Thanks for any advice.

Re: Site Appearance on different screens

The only things I can suggest without seeing your site is:

1) In BV always build from the far left. Page properties will take care of the centering.

2) Again in page properties make sure your page width is correct. If you have the page set at 1000px and the site is only 800px wide, this can throw things off centre.

Just a consideration for when you build your site, I would suggest your pages are no wider than 1000px otherwise those with smaller monitors will have to scroll sideways.

I hop this helps.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks Darren
      I am now re-doing the sites over to the far left. IIn page properties, I'll set it to centre horizontally. What about target screen size. Should I leave that userefined? Less than 1000 is no problem
      Also large 'd aded to the banner area now is split and appears below.
      Funny though, I took out the text competely saved and publsihed but the text I removed still appears on my compter eveb after CTL F5 and also its there on other computers!

Comment

I never worry about Target Screen Size, but I do centre horizontally. I said press F5 not CTR F5 (that seems to return and refresh to the previous page you were viewing). Why not post a link so I can tell you if I can see the text or not.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

The first site I wrote is www.barindarestaurant.co.uk
          I will need to go and shift the whole thingg over to the left in voda and sort out the widths.
          The site I am currently working on and it is on line with many blank pages is www.lenbeck.co.uk
          I am on with the location or names where to find us page. Thats the one where I have done it left and published. The map link is on the left not in the centre as it is still appearing on my laptop rather than the machine im working on

Comment

I cant understand why the newly published page does not appear. I am still looking on-line at an older version. Its says published successfully but the glass button is in the old position and the Len Beck tect at the top is latger and bleeding into 2 lines instead of one.

Comment

Couple of things to have a look at 1st!
              You google site verification is leaving a "<" at the top of the page.
              You page is set at 1256px wide & should be under 1000.
              Your pages should be built from the far left of your BV screen page & not what looks centre on your BV screen.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks to all. I have spent some time on the Len Beck site and the suggestions worked a treat. I build from the left at 890px wide and its centred on all browsers. I also sorted-out the banner text appearing on two lines instead of one by locking. Soon I will work on the Barinda site. I did notice the < by google. Is this a problem how should I get rid of it?

Comment

Your Google code has grown an extra chevron & needs to be removed.
                  <meta name="google-site-verification" content="t1eThxs1NH3MiLkJQSFFIfWIY_1puqnzyOuXvgFZB rE" /><meta name="google-site-verification" content="_Ro6CAMwropIJjpuo9G7F8j997-YqrM" /><
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X