cabbaging onto my keywords .. gee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabbaging onto my keywords .. gee

Got a question... I have, this week, noticed that my keywords are somehow being linked to by outside sources and my customers diverted from my web site with these pop up ads..

for an example, there is one on this page.. the words " rustic furniture " are linked to and not by my doing but this is my web site..

is there any code i can put on my pages to block this activity from taking hard earned visitors from me..?

thanks,,
    mike
    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
    www.treetables.com

Re: cabbaging onto my keywords .. gee

Originally posted by mikejust View Post
    Got a question... I have, this week, noticed that my keywords are somehow being linked to by outside sources and my customers diverted from my web site with these pop up ads.. ..for an example, there is one on this page.. the words " rustic furniture " are linked to and not by my doing but this is my web site..
    http://www.treetables.com/index.php
    is there any code i can put on my pages to block this activity from taking hard earned visitors from me?
    Sorry! You are not making much sense to me when describing your "issue" .... without a specific example on HOW an "outside" source is actually linking your site to pop-up ads or "diverting" visitor traffic, it seems instead you are merely confused about a few concepts.

1. Although you mention three times on your Index page "rustic" the only active link is in your Left Margin Menu, and it properly delivers to your Oak Benches and another page. The other (apparent) link is near the top of your Content section, as in "Elegant Rustic Furniture" and it does not seem to be configured fully as is the nearby link for "Glass Top Furniture" (which also properly delivers traffic to your page). Is there another "link" involving "rustic" that you know of and can point out that has been "appropriated" unwillingly? If you can provide such a link, it may be possible to determine if you may have been hacked or if it is simply a "design error" and easily correctible.

2. Provide an example of these "pop-up ads" that are appearing by simple virture of visiting your site that are diverting traffic.

3. Keywords you enter in your simple META are not exclusive to you nor your site: they are the same words that others use to highlight specific Content and to build relevancy, as they occur in the text and in other aspects of their web development. It is impossible to "link" to the keywords of another website .... either you use similar KW in your own, or a combination of words that naturally appear. Individuals may type in one of your "keywords" in a Search, but your site will only appear in the Search Results if your website has been valued higher than any number of other websites using the same key words and phrases to demonstrate page/site relevancy. There is no way to make Keywords exclusive on the internet, let alone establish a link to another website via Keywords.

4. I take it your use of the term "cabbaging" refers to making money, to profit from your efforts. Provide an example of this so an cognizant reply can be provided to you.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thank you for your through answer.. I will respond in as great of detail as I can with examples and links, tomorrow..

thank you.. mike
      Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
      www.treetables.com

Comment

Quite honestly, it sounds to me as if your computer and/or browser is infected, and has been attacked by a 'stickyword' or a 'marketbomb' (which will create pop-up's, send you batches of junk email, divert web addresses, etc.). You should run a total system anti-virus scan and use a malware removal utility before re-posting this "issue" which may not be a "website issue" at all. (If your website was already hacked, I would be seeing the same things you do, and since I don't, it must be on your system only -- for now.)

Definitely do not publish any pages or connect directly with your cPanel until you can certify your system is squeaky-clean: if you have a Trojan or keylogger in your system, connecting in any way with a VH server will breach security and spread first to your account and then to others on the same server!
        You do NOT want to take a hit for infecting a VodaHost server by ignorantly passing a threat up the pipe ...

Comment

Originally posted by mikejust View Post
          .. I will respond in as great of detail as I can with examples and links, tomorrow..
          Any status update or added information to offer?

Curious as to how this is resolved ...

Comment

Working...
          X