This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important PayPal Code Change

As of some days back, PayPal has changed, without any prior notice, the way they process the "Add to Cart" buttons code.
    Specifically, in the Add to Cart code, you can include a field named "image_url". The value of this field is the URL of your Cart Header Image. So if you wanted to "show" PayPal where to get this image (Logo) from, you could include the URL as value of this field. This line of code looked like this:

<input type="hidden" name="image_url" value="">

BlueVoda PayPal Button Generator never made use of this field. However, it included it in the code, with NULL value.

This was ok up to some days ago. PayPal would process the code ignoring this field since it's value was null.

This in not true any more. PayPal will display an Error Message saying "Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again."

The only way to avoid this, is to change the Add to Cart button code.

The BlueVoda Team is preparing a BV update that will solve the problem. You only need to open your pages in BV and then publish them again. It is advisable that you check the settings to make sure they are correct.

Until this update is ready, a solution could be to re-create the buttons in PayPal's site and replace the BlueVoda Add to Cart buttons, with html boxes where you will paste the code created in PayPal.

Another simple solution: whilst you are in BV, right click the Add to Cart image. Select HTML, and view the code. Copy it, and paste it in the html box. Delete the ENTIRE "image_url" line. Save and publish.

The estimated time for the BV update is 24 - 48 hrs.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Re: Important PayPal Code Change

I'm so glad this will be updated! Thanks for being on top of it! Please let us know when the change is made.

I tried copying the code from the button, pasting and removing the bad code, but I'm unsure if it should go in the Before Tag, Inside Tag or After tag window. It looks like it's just adding the new copy to the old in the Generated HTML box on top. At any rate it doesn't work for me.
    HumBird
    www.Humnew.com

Comment

You do NOT copy / paste the code in it's own html.
      Copy the code. Insert a html box in your page. Double click it and when the html window opens, paste the code you copied. Delete the line that needs to be deleted.
      Close this window. Make the html box the same size as the button image. Delete the button. Move the html box in the position where the button was.
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

AH! paste it into a new HTML box!
        Did it- it worked and I am grateful for the support and patience. Hopefully many others out there will now have functioning buttons as well.
        Looking forward to the fix, but so good to have this info in the meantime.
        L
        HumBird
        www.Humnew.com

Comment

Hi Naval ... GREAT POST btw ..

Any idea if we are near the update yet? Can you let us know ...

thanks so much!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

a tutorial on how to do this until problem is fixed would be great.
            I am still trying to figre this out, not to mention I have over 100 buttons so this is gonna be time consuming if I can finally figure out.

Comment

Thnak you Lady,

Only VodaHost can inform us, but we sould be near now.

Jmitchell1972: the instructions are above, in my original post. They are very simple, maybe you just misread them. Please read them again, it is just a few clicks.
              Navaldesign

Comment

The update will be released first thing in the morning...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you both ..

So it is my understanding once the update has been released those using the blue voda paypal buttons will simply just need to republish their pages .. this is good news ..

but in the meantime if I gather the html code from each addtocart button and find this line of code and remove it,

<input type="hidden" name="image_url" value="">

then republish my page, this would work immediately, and I could do this by right clicking my add to cart image on my blue voda page to gather the html to make the adjustments there..

Thank you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

fixed....Click the below to download 9.3

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for the upgrade. I wonder if there is anyway that you might have an early warning system or something to alert us to VH problems. If others are like me, we assume a glitch like Paypal uploads is due to something we messed up, then a crashing server as well. Some of us we spend a few days trying to correct "our" problem before asking for help. Perhaps an "alert" Forum or something. But thanks again.

Comment

Please note that this was a change in the way PayPal processes the code. There has been no warning or notification, so it was impossible for anyone to give an early warning. And it has been only thanks to reports from the users that we understood that something was wrong. Even debugging the problem took some time, since there has been absolutely no anouncement from PayPal.
                        VH's reaction time has been the shortest possible under these circumstances.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Re: Important PayPal Code Change Still Does NOT work!

I downloaded new version, put up PayPal buttons, entered all info. published page. Worked fine...ONCE. Went back and tried it again, get same old message...information missing....there is nothing in the cart.
                          What now?

Comment

I called PayPal, they have no idea.

I RE-LOADED the new BV site, added all new buttons, cleaned the registry with 2 cleaners, re-booted...loaded a new button, still get the same old error message.

Comment

Please provide a link to your product page.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X