This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Title not updated in Search

Hi, my business name is Willows Scentials, my web address is www. WillowsCandles.com.au
    I use to do just candles but have expanded into soaps so some time back changed name from Willows Candles to Willows Scentials.
    I have adjusted this information in all of my title pages quite some time ago, and for some reason google continues to show it as Willows Candles on home page, not as per my title. My home page with google shows just willows candles,
    Other Search Engines have updated it.
    How can I fix this issue?

Thank you

Leanne

Re: Google not updating Title in Search

The "Title" on your Index page does in fact show the changes you have made to your Header (with the updated WillowsScentials Logo) and the Content, but the addressbar in your browser will always show the actual Domain WillowsCandles.com.au because that is still in fact the hosted Domain you have published your site to.

1. Purchase the Domain WillowsScentials.com.au

2. Add the Domain WillowsScentials.com.au to your VodaHost hosting account as an Add-On Domain

3. Re-Publish all your saved pages to this new Add-On Domain. Before you Publish your Pages, be sure to properly add a Page Title and basic META via PAGE PROPERTIES ... your current pages are missing this critical information. * Also important to remember prior to re-Publishing your pages to this new Domain is to re-configure your Mals eCart (iFramed Selection Pages, Buttons, Transaction Coding that requires specific Domain ID, etc.).

4. FORWARD WillowsCandles.com.au to WillowsScentials.com.au in the Domain Manager Control Panel (all traffic will automatically be directed to WillowsScentials seamlessly, thus preserving whatever Visitors that have bookmarked your earlier site URL the ability to "find" your new, updated site)

5. Take the time to delete via BlueFTP at least the previously Published "index" page at WillowsCandles.com.au to prevent possible conflict with Duplicate Content. It is best to delete all previously Published pages, however, as this guarantees that there will be no cached pages in the Search engines to conflict with the Content at WillowsScentials.com.au

6. The Search Engines will take some time to evaluate and re-position this new Domain (and site, as far as they are concerned), so do not be alarmed: it can take anywhere from 25 days to two months before the new Domain is attributed unique values now that the previous Domain has effectively been "removed" (disabled) from the Net.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Domain Title not updated in Search

Thanks Vasili, is my current meta too long? Is that what you mean by missing critical information?

Thanks again :)

Comment

Before you Publish your Pages, be sure to properly add Page Titles and basic META (Keywords, Page Description, etc.) via PAGE PROPERTIES ...
        Seems pretty clear what I pointed out as missing.

I did not comment on your META otherwise, insofar as you should be tweaking/updating your Content somewhat as you will be publishing to a "new Domain" and likely including that in the overall relevance-building (which should also compel you to update/refine your Keywords, etc.). H-Tags are an important elemental foundation of Basic META and are a Core Element of site Relevance (and which are also missing from these current pages), so be sure to update/refine them in concert when updating your Content and other META.

Comment

Sorry not being an expert on this sort of thing it is not as clear to me as it may to others.
          You stated: META via PAGE PROPERTIES ... your current pages are missing this critical information.
          I was not sure how to read this. I see information in my Meta but you have stated that it is missing so I am confusedin what you meant by that.

Comment

No problem, Leanne! Often it is simply a difference in syntax or writing style.

For such a lovely website, I was surprised none of your pages had a proper Title - one of the most basic steps (made via PAGE PROPERTIES). And, since I assumed you would be attending to the simple updating of Content as part of the general task, I made sure to mention also how the simple META entries (also made via PAGE PROPERTIES) should not be neglected as well: I did not, therefore, see fit to "evaluate" existing META (Keywords, Description, etc.) as this would likely be included in any revisions, as should be.

Again, don't forget to apply H-Tags (being as important as they are to your site's potential SE valuations and SERP - Search Engine Results Page positioning) and to also re-code your Mals eCart buttons and transaction coding!

Looking forward to your final refinements!

Comment

Working...
            X