• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Google Guide

hmmm i see

Comment

hi

The idea of using the search is such a wonderful idea but the eagerness to have that instant answer needed for solving the problem, the can't wait attitude! -- have blinded anyone to really think about searching.
      http://www.thesubmissionzone.com

Comment

Re: Navigation bar or text menu?

At firsr, I used "menu bars" for site navigation. When I ran my site in a meta tag analizer, the url's and text did not show up. I swiched to "navigation" bars and text and url's showed up. How are text menus better than navigation bars?

tyson

http://www.tysoneducationalsystems.com/

Comment

Re: Errors from ror sitemap

I used ror sitemat to create a sitemap, submited it to goolge and I get this message from goolge

A tag is an XML element. For instance, in the following snippet, <loc> is a tag.
          <url> <loc>http://www.example.com/</loc> <lastmod>2005-01-01</lastmod> <changefreq>monthly</changefreq> <priority>0.8</priority> </url>
          You might see this error if your Sitemap file is missing a required tag. For instance, in the following snippet, the <loc> tag is missing, and would trigger this error. <url> <lastmod>2005-01-01</lastmod> <changefreq>monthly</changefreq> <priority>0.8</priority> </url>Note the line number listed and see the protocol document for information on required tags. Once you have fixed your Sitemap, resubmit it.

Should I be concerned about this error, use a different sitemapper, fix it? I don't really understand how to fix it.

tyson

http://www.tysoneducationalsystems.com/

Comment

How can I make money on adsense. I have put the ads on and I am not even making $1. Please HELP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar-DFHIE View Post
              How can I make money on adsense. I have put the ads on and I am not even making $1. Please HELP!!!
              How long have you had the ads up? How many visitors are you getting to your site?

The click through rate for my sites is at most 3% - that is, for every 100 visitors to my sites, only 3 click on the ads. If you aren't getting many visitors, you won't make much, if anything, from adsense.

If you concentrate on optimising your sites, getting listed in the search engines (which means having good content rich sites which attract human visitors) you may get lucky on adsense. But it will take time, and will be 2 to 3 years before you see anything like a decent return from adsense.
              Trish
              www.Limebrook.com
              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
              www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
              www.TucsonForBeginners.com
              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Re: Christian marriage

I want google to know that i have decided to creat a website of my own, so i want to have ads added on my website.

Comment

You have to go to google adsense and register.
                  sigpicJoe
                  Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                  The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

how can l translate my page to spanish
                    l am new in this, pls help me.

Comment

Originally posted by freeman View Post
                      how can l translate my page to spanish
                      l am new in this, pls help me.

Please post your question in a new thread and not on the end of someone elses. Thank you (You are more likely to get answered then)
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by pet121 View Post
                        Google Page Rank Calculations
                        The value of how many points that migrate to the recipient page is based on the originating page's points divided by the number of outgoing links on that page.

PR goes something like this:-

PR0 = 1 page point,
                        PR1 = 8 page points,
                        PR2 = 64 page points,
                        PR3 = 512 page points,
                        PR4 = 4096 page points,
                        PR5 = 32768 page points
                        PR6 = 262144 page points,
                        PR7 = 2,097,152 page points,
                        PR8 = 16,777,216 page points,
                        PR9 = 134,217,728 page points.
                        The above is just a estimate or rough idea for calculation of PR points
                        If you take a link from PR4 and the page has 100 links you will get 4096/100=40.96 points.

How google actually calculates Page Rank is still a closely guarded secrete, but the above is what many of my collegues believe. It works for them and does satisfy the equation:

PR(a)=PR(b)/links(b) + PR(c)/links.....PR(n)/links(n)

pet121

google lottery lol

Comment

great suggestion

Comment

Working...
                          X