X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text background

Hi all,
    I am having trouble with text box background colour.
    My page has a cream background and I want the textbox to be the same. When I preview page the text box is white.
    I went to properties, background, and it has the cream there with 'automatic' beside it. I can chose any other colour and it works in preview but wont let me use the same cream.
    I tried the cream in 'shadow'. It worked great with the text area but I lost my template lol.

Any suggestions? I can't do html or css because I dont understand it.

Also, when I preview a page, I cant see the complete page - only the body is viewed. Is this normal?

Cheers

Re: Text background

Hi .. if you want the background colour of your text to be the same as your pages background color you should choose the text background color, which is located in your toolbar, next to the option to change your text color directly on the blue voda page as opposed to on the page properties ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye,
      I tried that but still wont work. White in preview.
      I also made a new textbox to do that but not working.
      I have no idea what is happening here.
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by chezza View Post
        Hi LadyEye,
        I tried that but still wont work. White in preview.
        I have no idea what is happening here.
        Cheers
        Hi .. Are you highlighting the text before you choose that tool? You do need to do that, so try that if you haven't ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by chezza View Post

Also, when I preview a page, I cant see the complete page - only the body is viewed. Is this normal?

Cheers

You will need to use the right hand scroll bar on your computer to see the rest of your page ... what is the width and height of your page as set on the page properties?? Perhaps you need to change this . you won't want it too long tho ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi lady,
            yes I highlighted the text first.

Page is 960 wide, 980 long. I can scroll to the bottom of page fine.
            I am missing the top of the template in preview.
            I can see the side part of template only. menu buttons are top left in preview.

I appreciate your input here, many thanks.
            cheers

Comment

page dimensions are fine, if the top of your template is an image, (not sure what you are using for that) but, I wonder if u have published, if so, paste the url on here. Check the page properties too, be sure u dont have anything set there. Does this happen on all of your pages? Have you tried opening just a new page, adjusting the page properties to your background color and dimensions, then on your toolbar insert the text .. highlight and choose your bg color for text ... and see if that works.. you should see it instantly, even before preview ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

template is bv.
                test page - added background colour, text, box colour and it worked. I didnt add template tho.

Preview header prob resolved. I had page centre vert + horiz. Have set to centre horiz only and it now shows complete page in preview.

A quick glance between page and text properties both on home page and test page appear the same, so still not sure what is wrong with home page box colour. It is ok on my computer but in preview mode stays white.

Talk about a learning curve lol

I am not quite ready to publish yet....still building.

Comment

ok, but sounds like if u just get rid of that page that is playing tricks with you, all will be good .. also, I would choose another template, or open it fresh again, I wouldn't trust that one to carry it thru all the pages of ur site if a new page works ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ok.

I built my first page with basics and then cloned it to keep pages equal. I then renamed each page and added content. Would cloning cause some tools to not work?

Comment

Yes, absolutely, this can happen too with your shapes, if you go changing from page to page .. I would apply the content to a new one, keeping ur template as a template, not changing thigns from page to page and if you do so, remove that shape or property and apply new ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

oh, ok.
                        I just added the bv template to my test page and it appears to be my main prob.
                        Altho I have cream background set in page properties, the preview page shows it as white. I tried another template from a different set - same issue happening.

This problem is beyond my experience.

Comment

Did you try another color? and template. If this is typically happening for all I would consider redownloading and installing blue voda, perhaps there is a glitch .. I haven't any bv temps with me here ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

yes, any other colour works - except my background colour.
                            The textbox was coloured but page bachground remains white in preview.
                            cream is not showing within the page.
                            It shows only on my monitor.

The template I am using is bv set 3 # M214_c

Comment

If you are using Blue Voda properly, you can use the Eyedropper color "Sampler" to duplicate a color and then click to CUSTOM to specifically tint the shade/color you desire, or skip the Sampling altogether by clicking MORE in the color palette Dialog.
                              Again: right-click on your textbox >> Properties >> Background >> Color ... use the "arrow button" to display the List of options: "Automatic" is default for "Transparent" and MORE COLORS will allow you to see the Sampler and the CUSTOM option where you can select a color and adjust the tint.

It sounds like you simply need to get comfortable creating your Blue Voda pages.
                              Don't rush it .... you can always start over, correct things, and refine them as much as you want: even after publishing you can change things, and every time you re-publish a page, it simply re-writes over the previous version, leaving only what you want to show displ;aying as you desire. This is supposed to be fun, not stressful!
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X