This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backups of websites?

As advised I have gone through the entire tutorials (I cannot guarantee I grasp everything but I for sure paid very careful attention to what I will need ! :)). One tutorial is a bit unclear to me. In the Cpanel tutorials, tutorial nr 23 instructs how to make back-ups of websites but it requires a quite complex process and also indicates automatic daily/weekly/monthly backups would be made. I thought the latter was not the case, but anyways, the question I have: if you build your website with BlueVoda, then is this backup function really necessary? Because the pages in BlueVoda (.bvp extention) will be on your hard drive anyways, so what would be the difference between downloading a backup of your site or using the BlueVoda pages already on your hard drive as backup?

Also, assuming you have a subdomain on which you have a Wordpress blog going (eg you built a website with BlueVoda under www.mywebsite.bv --random example-- and on subdomain blog.mywebsite.bv is a Wordpress blog) , then isn't the blog to be back-up'ed as a .zip file in the same way as done through wordpress.com backups are made?

I would assume that for those of us who build the website using BlueVoda, a local backup of the website is on the hard drive per default as that is where we publish the site from??
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Re: Backups of websites?

Re-review the Tutorial ... carefully. It clearly discusses creating a Backup file on the server, or one that you can email to yourself to restore every aspect of an account, including DB's.

Re-Publishing a BlueVoda site from the saved files on your resident system is simple, and thus becomes a redundant answer to your other question, yes?

#23:How to backup your website using cpanel
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

#23 tutorial does not state what to put in the last two boxes of the cPaenl backup?

I have watched and re-watched your stated tutorial below (#23:How to backup your website using cpanel) but it does not provide the necessary information, specifically what goes into the last two boxes on the cPanel backups form when I try to backup my entire www.gordonpatzer.com website? In other words, as the tutorial video states,

In the REMOTE SERVER box I type as the video states: ftp.gordonpatzer.com

In the REMOTE USER box I type as the video states: [[my cPanel access username]]

In the REMOTE PASSWORD box I type as the video states: [[my cPanel access password]]

In the PORT box I do not know what to type becuase the video does not tell me and because the video leaves it blank I leave it blank, however, when I try to "Generate Backup" the screen comes back and tells me, "Remote port must be a positive integer"

In the REMOTE DIR box I do not know what to type becuase the video does not tell me and because the video leaves it blank I leave it blank, however, when I try to "Generate Backup" the screen comes back and tells me, Directory paths cannot be empty or contain the following characters: \ ? % * : | " < >

Please help and I thank you, thank you greatly.

gordon787

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Re-review the Tutorial ... carefully. It clearly discusses creating a Backup file on the server, or one that you can email to yourself to restore every aspect of an account, including DB's.

Re-Publishing a BlueVoda site from the saved files on your resident system is simple, and thus becomes a redundant answer to your other question, yes?

#23:How to backup your website using cpanel

Comment

Working...
      X