This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to upload a file using a form

No, it has nothing to do with it. A link to the form please ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval
      Thanks in anticipation, Gordon

Comment

Hi Naval, Cracked it!

Went to one of your previous threads and found the answer which was that I hadn't named the fields properly.

Cheers, happy now!

Comment

Now right click your new created folder, and set the permissions to 777

Thank you for all the info! I really needed this for my site The only thing I cannot figure out how to do is set the permissions to 777. I am in the Permissions for Upload file properties, but do not know exactly what to do from there. Thanks for your help!
          Have a great day!

Amb

iJotiT! @ www.myijot.com

Comment

if you are a VH customer, you don't need to use this script (this is old fashioned!)

Simply use the Form Wizard and it's built in Form Processor, OR use ABVFP.

They can both take care automatically of everything!

If you are not a VH customer, use ABVFP which runs on any server that supports MySQL /php

Last. if you insist on using this script, connect to your site with FTP, select the folder you use for the uploads, select Permissions (or properties, for some FTP softwares) and set them to 777.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay, now I am totally lost..LOL.....I am a VH customer and very very new at forms. I did build the form with the wizard but it won't submit. As far as the permissions, just leave it alone because I used the wizard? Sorry to be a pain, I did not realize this was old (oops)
              Thanks for your help

Comment

I'm not able to set correctly an upload form... Anyone can help me? I know that I have to write "submit data to a page (script)...." But where is says URL what am I supossed to write? I would like to create a new folder where all the videos would be submitted.

Thx

Comment

As you mention before... the above tutorial is outdated... is there a similar one where I can see step by step what I have to do to create an upload form?

The video tutorial doesn't give much detail about upload forms and I can't find the right path to do this...

Thx
                  Newbie Lince

Comment

I can upload the files properly to the uploads folder but I can't upload the videos... it actually does the action of uploading the video but then I cannot find the file anywhere in the server... it's a video of 3MB so it shouldn't be a big deal...

Help... I need some help...

Thx
                    Newbie Lince

Comment

The problem is that there is some kind of restriction to the file size limit around 2MB I'm not sure yet.

But I can upload any file video or anything it it is smaller then 2 MB, but then if it's bigger
                      I cannot upload it no matter what type of file it is.

I have changed all the forms that a created on the ABVFP but that doesn't do anything...

There must be some kind of restriction internally on the server .

You've heard of a problem like this?

Thx

Comment

hello can any one tell me how to add uploading progress bar in my uploadform..when my user hit submit button..please tell

Comment

This requires Ajax coding that is quite complicated. For VERY advanced users only.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

I want to have an "upload" feature on my site so that clients can upload photos for photo repair. Sometimes these files are large. . .up to 15 mgs. I have two questions:

1. Is there a limit for size upload (I didn't see any way to set it or adjust)
                            2. Where does the uploaded file go? I saw no feature to designate what file folder an uploaded file should be sent to.

Thanks
                            McBuff
                            Stay Connected
                            http://www.connectuswell.com
                            http://www.househunterforyou.com
                            http://www.sellhousewell.com
                            http://www.truemasterplan.com

Comment

The BV built in form processor can upload files. However, filesize is limited to (usually) 8 - 12 MBs. Support can increase this with a .htaccess file to 20 - 30 MBs.

Files end up in the predefined "uploads" folder . You can set the destination folder in the built in form processor properties.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Nav. . .I'm at the properties box but I don't see how to designate the file folder. The properties box has a "general" 'styles" and "validate" tabs. . but I don't see where it asks for destination folder. thanks for your help.
                                McBuff
                                Stay Connected
                                http://www.connectuswell.com
                                http://www.househunterforyou.com
                                http://www.sellhousewell.com
                                http://www.truemasterplan.com

Comment

Working...
                                X