This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secure forms

I need to be able to make an application form that will include personal finance info. Is there a way that I can secure this? Any help is always appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.dresatlanta.com/

Re: secure forms

You have to install ssl, dedicated ip and also ENCRYPT the database. You will need special programming for this or a php script that kicks in the ssl and encrypts the info.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen

Also how can I get a credit card number validation option. If someone enter their cc number, it must make sure the number is valid. Does Vodahost have any options like this?

If I use Vodahost's sll with a secure IP address and their standard form wizard with its encryption, will I be safe in accepting cc details? How does that details get to me? Must it be stored on a database somewhere or can it be emailed to me? If emailed, will it still be safe?

Jean

Comment

You can get an SSL and accept cc details on your site. It is safer if the info is ONLY stored in the database, then downloaded (or viewed) directly from there.

ABVFP will store the data in the database automatically for you.

ABVFP v 2.2 (in release in 4 days) has also CC number validation.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean le Roux View Post
          Hi Karen

Also how can I get a credit card number validation option. If someone enter their cc number, it must make sure the number is valid. Does Vodahost have any options like this?

If I use Vodahost's sll with a secure IP address and their standard form wizard with its encryption, will I be safe in accepting cc details? How does that details get to me? Must it be stored on a database somewhere or can it be emailed to me? If emailed, will it still be safe?

Jean
          Credit card validation is done thru your merchant account gateway provider.. such as authorize.net with fraud filters, address verification etc.

Credit Card rules maintain that you CANNOT KEEP credit card numbers in an UNSECURE database, and UNENCRYPTED. You must have the SSL and dedicated ip to collect this info, and.... personally id purchase an addon at my gateway that actually stores their number for REBILLING rather than maintaining more than the LAST 4 digits of the credit card number with their billing address.

Accepting Credit Cards on line is becoming MORE strict all the time. You have to be in compliance at ALL times.

You can eliminate alot of your liability by .. as i said... letting the gateway hold the REBILLING info, and providing ssl and encryption for the rest.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            You can get an SSL and accept cc details on your site. It is safer if the info is ONLY stored in the database, then downloaded (or viewed) directly from there.

ABVFP will store the data in the database automatically for you.

ABVFP v 2.2 (in release in 4 days) has also CC number validation.

NAVAL DESIGN... PLEASE
            HOW can I include a NEW post in this forum? I only can REPLY to the post... I need to make some questions.
            Victor
            My Website

Comment

VFRodriguez
              Go to: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...beginners.html
              and view the first post in the thread for instructions on how to make new posts.......
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
              X