Whats Your Rank Comments - Good fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's your rank?

The way I am going will be General in no time but that only proves I am slower at this game than most and posting more questions .

Comment

Hi all.

Just joined, looks good

Jim

Comment

Hi all,

Just an intro, I think it is great to have a ranking system.

Randy
        Randy

Comment

Hey Kapital

Amazing how time flies when you are sitting at the desk and learning something new. I also spent several days getting it goin but love it.
          Randy

Comment

General

would you be so kind as to take a look at mysite as well. It is a first effort and I would appreciate your views. I did post in the proper forum as well.
            Randy

Comment

This is a good and fun ranking system. However, I would like to point out that in the US military there are 3 privates. Private E-1 (no stripe, also known as a Chevron, I think), Private E-2 (1 stripe) and then Private First class (PFC). I'm not trying to be difficult but thought I'd share. :o)

www.thewindowphoto.com
              When in doubt, Whip it out

Comment

Hello everyone, Im just introducing myself since I am a new member, I have been looking at the forums and have found alot of intresting conversations.

Comment

Ptog:

Just to inform you of a couple of things.

Yes there are 3 types of Privates in the military version of the ranking process.

The first Private is without a stripe as you said, but that is not called a Chevron.... The Chevron begins when you receive your Pvt-2 Stripe.....

Isn't it better to know that you start out here at VodaHost as a Pvt-2 then to have no stripe at all?

At least 2 of the privates are being represented here.....

But I also being from the military many years ago. Not always a good thing to have a rank just by having time in rank. Here at VodaHost you are recognized by doing something, even if it is just posting many times to reach the next rank. But I have also found that posting multiple times to gain rank does require experience as well.....

The military you speak of often times just passed out rank just because they needed someone to fill a blank position. Here you do have to work a little at having fun.....

Ram_Industries
                  Small Business Network
                  Ram_Industries
                  Robert A. Montgomery
                  Ram-Industries@comcast.net
                  http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

Originally posted by Ptog View Post
                    This is a good and fun ranking system. However, I would like to point out that in the US military there are 3 privates. Private E-1 (no stripe, also known as a Chevron, I think), Private E-2 (1 stripe) and then Private First class (PFC). I'm not trying to be difficult but thought I'd share. :o)

www.thewindowphoto.com

This is not the US military... This is the Republic of VodaLand.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Greetings everyone.

I am new to BV and the site and am looking forward to getting to know all of you and getting my first (of I hope many) websites up and running very soon.

P.S. - Am also a proud recruit of the Republic of Vodaland army :)

Comment

still want to be in the airforce..........any jet pilots out there?
                        www.dinkdy.info
                        www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
                        www.thegemlovers.com
                        www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ram_Industries View Post
                          Ptog:

Just to inform you of a couple of things.

Yes there are 3 types of Privates in the military version of the ranking process.

The first Private is without a stripe as you said, but that is not called a Chevron.... The Chevron begins when you receive your Pvt-2 Stripe.....

Isn't it better to know that you start out here at VodaHost as a Pvt-2 then to have no stripe at all?

At least 2 of the privates are being represented here.....

But I also being from the military many years ago. Not always a good thing to have a rank just by having time in rank. Here at VodaHost you are recognized by doing something, even if it is just posting many times to reach the next rank. But I have also found that posting multiple times to gain rank does require experience as well.....

The military you speak of often times just passed out rank just because they needed someone to fill a blank position. Here you do have to work a little at having fun.....

Ram_Industries
                          Small Business Network
                          http://Martech-Inc.biz/Ram.html
                          Ah! I actually was refering to the stripe as a chevron and that the first private didn't have one. Improper wording on my part. Thanks for pointing it out.
                          I guess it all sounded a little stiff. I will learn to be smooth eventually. "Be patient with me, for I am unknowing of the ways of the Vodamites or Vodaminians". Which is proper? :o)

Comment

Originally posted by Ptog View Post
                            Be patient with me for I am unknowing in the ways of the Vodamites or Vodaminians. Which is proper? :o)
                            VodaPeers, VodaFriends, or if accepted into the elect organization, VodAliens.....

Patient? Naw........we're not running a clinic here, bruddah! (No one gets away with playing "Doctor"!)
                            Hurry up, or we'll leave you behind to fend off the resident AliensAnonymous who generally eats stragglers!

LOL

PS: If you "whip it out" when I am around, be prepared to have it chopped off!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                              PS: If you "whip it out" when I am around, be prepared to have it chopped off!
                              Yeah well, don't worry about that.

That actuall refers to saluting if you are not sure if you are approaching an officer or not.

Comment

LOL....I could go on and on having fun with that one!

Welcome to the frackus!

1st 75th myself.....
                                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                                X