• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's your rank?

How can I tell what my rank is?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      LOL....I could go on and on having fun with that one!

Welcome to the frackus!

1st 75th myself.....
      Vasili:
      1/75th eh!!!!
      Darn it to bad I joined so late I might have been in the 1st.......
      But all in all Second too None, Best by Test!!! High Angle He*l, and Death From Above!!! Follow Me !! Will always ring into my head when I know its time to get the job done......

To all those people who have ever been in the real military I must say Thank you, and welcome home........We couldn't do it without you!!!

2/75th Rangers Lead the Way!!
      Ram_Industries
      Robert A. Montgomery
      Ram-Industries@comcast.net
      http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

I feel like a Newbie...... I don't have a clue what I doing here

Comment

Novel idea, this ranking scheme....but doesn't it result in false sense of prestige?
          Personally, I would prefer to remain "un-elevated" unless I made a significant contribution or something like all the other forums......they simply list your posts, and whether or not you "contributed" to the product or the community in a real way.

Comment

It's more of a fun thing for us. Voda Host says thanks to those who "contribute" alot by giving the bonus's after reaching certain mile stones. Most of those with many posts have contributed a ton. It also gives some bit of confidence to those just joining in that those with many posts usually know a great deal with respect to this product and web building in general.

If you stick around- you'll see that most here are not full of themselves nor their rank status. We have a good time and often poke fun at each other. What drives us is simply helping out- rank or not.

Cheers-

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for the comments, Andy, and for taking the time to explain the perspective. It does a lot to demonstrate exactly what you mention by being as personable as your have been with me!

Comment

Any time and welcome to the forum!!

Cheers-

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by WebWorker View Post
                  Novel idea, this ranking scheme....but doesn't it result in false sense of prestige?
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Just for fun!

Now that I am badly addicted to BlueVoda, and am going to spend my weekend weaving dreams instead of DreamWeavering, let me just add an aphorism for all those wannabe dream Weavers out there.
                    Those who want by the yard, but try by the inch should be kicked by the foot!
                    I guess that's my brainwave for the day.
                    Wait till I get a Major General rank. I'll be all meek and mild by then!

Comment

This idea is really so hilarious, it reminds me of those bad ole days in the OTC, when there was a current joke going around that a stint in the barmy made men outa the inmates and the girls protested that they were quite happy as they were, thank you.
                      And then there was this group of Rhesus monkeys who saw the candidates, saw the motto and decided to join because they wanted to get onto the next stage of evolution.

Comment

As far as I know, I am below rank. I would say......... basic training.

Comment

Before you no it you will be up there in rank so hang on. One thing there no K.P. here or guard duty. If you want to you can salute.
                          sigpicJoe
                          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

I thought the whole rank thing was goofy at first, now it's fun to see the picture change. I think steps along the chain of evolution would have been cool too.
                            All the best
                            Catherine
                            www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

steps of evolution would have been a trifle hard put to follow because I can't see anyone saying hello I am an australopitecus, are you a neanderthal or pithecanthropus, ah you're good, getting to be a homo and then a big donnybrook because the thoroughly confused hearer must have thought that he was being called gay!At least with ranks we know what we are!

Comment

I thought you could already get a free domain name with out a rank. How is that?
                                -Zachary
                                www.pebblecrossing.com
                                Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Working...
                                X