This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to secure webpages

I want to secure some of my webpages. I want subscribers only to have access to these pages. Although I can add a login page how can I stop someone from copying the entire web address where these pages are located from being passed on to non-subscribers.
    I find secure sites redirecting to the login page. How can I achieve this?
    www.CEA-ca.com

Re: How to secure webpages

You will never be able to restrict protected-area permitted visitors from copying (and additionally re-distributing) URL's from the page once actually landed.

You can, however, thwart ulterior efforts by simply masking/cloaking page URL's when including a re-direct ... as explained in this post >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/thr...-Cloak-a-a-url

The fact a Visitor can copy a URL and share it with a non-member should not concern you one bit, for since that URL is for a page in a Protected Area, Login is required to be able to load (visit) the page, and thus by default, the browser is re-directed to the Login Page (usually the "index" page of a protected Directory).

This automatic re-direct to a Login Page will not be possible if you have used the Single Page Protect method (from the BV Toolbar, INSERT > LOGIN > SINGLE PAGE PROTECTION) rather than the Protected Directory method ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

QRe: How to secure webpages

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      You will never be able to restrict protected-area permitted visitors from copying (and additionally re-distributing) URL's from the page once actually landed.

You can, however, thwart ulterior efforts by simply masking/cloaking page URL's when including a re-direct ... as explained in this post >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/thr...-Cloak-a-a-url

The fact a Visitor can copy a URL and allow a non-member to access it should not concern you one bit, for since that URL is for a page in a Protected Area, Login is required to be able to load (visit) the page, and thus by default, the browser is re-directed to the Login Page (usually the "index" page of a protected Directory).

This automatic re-direct to a Login Page will not be possible if you have used the Single Page Protect method (from the BV Toolbar, INSERT > LOGIN > SINGLE PAGE PROTECTION) rather than the Protected Directory method ....

Thanks, I went back to earlier threads and was able to reconnect. But what happened to my earlier thread where I asked about connecting a form of BV with MySql Database I didn't hear from anyone, was something wrong? Can you help with that issue?
      www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

Re: How to secure webpages

Return to that earlier Thread for assistance with that separate issue ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X