X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tell A Friend Script

Originally posted by 1alvinnewton View Post
    The script works great!

However I cannot open up the ATF.PHP form page in BV, I had to upload itthrough FTP. The questio I have is when somebody puts in there name email and then there friends name and e-mail, how do I get that info? The whole pupose of haveing a form like that is to see who is submitting leads and captureing prospects? I would assume an email address needs to be put in the PHP page somewhere, and I do I do it?

I tested the form and it did send the email to the friends email adress, but where do I as the web designer get that info sent to me?
    The TAF script is NOT for you to collect email addresses, it is for site visitors to let some of their friends know about your website. So it only sends the email to the "friend".

Also, the TAF.php file is NOT intended for opening in BV (read the instructions) but only for uploading to the site. It is the php script that processes the mail request
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you,

By the way this script is Awsome!!!
      Alvin Newton
      President
      Newton Digital Marketing
      MTBAlvin******.com

OneShopAuto.com
      TahoeHybrid.com
      TheChevyMalibu.com
      SimpleGirlz.com

Comment

Hi all,

I must be dumb. I downloaded The TAF file and found it in my computer. Now I go and try and open them in BV and all I get is a blank page with that box asking to open in new window or existing page, I can't figure out what to do am I missing something. I have spent the last 2 days trying this and I can not get anywhere.
        Please can someone help. I'm missing something, I just know it.

Best Regards

Chuck
        www.grumpyscountrystore.com Still a work in progress.

www.yourwaterfountains.com Also am still working on it.

Comment

Only open the pages with the .bvp extension. The others, which are php need to be uploaded on the site. Please follow the instructions included in the Word Tutorial included in the zip.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            You do not have a script problem, you have a form problem. You have modified the "Tell a friend" button. It is no longer a submitbutton, but it has become a "On click" button, linked directly to the "thanku_tell.html" Page. The info is not evan submitted to the script, when you click on "Tell a friend" you go straight to the Thanktou page.

The same goes for the Reset button: it doesn't reset, you have also made it a "On click" button, with it's action set to refresh the page. It does reset, but because it reloads the page.

Also, both buttons are OUTSIDE the form area, this is why initially they didn't work, then you started touching here and there.

Also change the metatags; Page description, keywords, Author etc: they result to be still mine (as you have downloaded my original script and didn't edit these elements)
            Plese follow these steps:

1. open the page in Bv.
            2. stretch the form area towards the bottom of the page, enough to have the buttons inside the form.
            3. Copy the two buttons.
            4. Delete them
            5. Paste them using the Paste icon in the top toolbar (this way they will be pasted excactly in the same position).
            6. Double click on the Reset button, and edit it: make it "reset" instead of "On click"
            7. Do the same with the submit button, make it "Submit" instead of "On click"
            Save, Publish and try your form

HEY NAVALDESIGN
            THANK YOU THATS REALLY GREAT BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE TAF.PHP IN THE ZIP :( WHERE IT IS?
            Feyza

www.sesan.org
            Self Representing Art Workers

Comment

Originally posted by feyza View Post
              HEY NAVALDESIGN
              THANK YOU THATS REALLY GREAT BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE TAF.PHP IN THE ZIP :( WHERE IT IS?
              Sorry, but i don't have a solution for this. The TAF.php is included in the zip, i don't know why your's doesn't have it. I suggest that you download the zip again.
              Navaldesign

Comment

What do you mean "then went to tellafriend.php location " ? the script should only be accessed by the form, not directly. Please post here the URL of the tell a friend page so i can have a look.

Navaldesign,
                I just did what you wrote above step by step. The form seems to work properly but whenever fill the form and cliick on tell a friend ALWAYS ther's the error message...The e-mail's are right and everything. I dont know why...Plz give me an opinion...
                Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Please provide a link to your Tell a Friend button. I could not locate it in your site
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Please post here the URL to your page with the TAF form. Are you sure you have uploaded all files, and given your email address in the script ?

Hey Naval Design,
                    I did quite well with the "Tell a friend script"..BUT as my first language is Turkish I want to fix something in the form. As I send an e-mail it starts with "HI" and ends with "BYE"....I hope you see what I mean...Is it possible to fix it???

THANXXXX
                    Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Only by opening and editing the TAF.php file.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi navaldesign,
                        I downloaded the TAF script about amonth or so ago, did what I was instructed to do, tested it out on my website and it worked liked a dream!!!. Nice one!!!!!
                        I recently finished my website with the 'mail a friend' buttons on all of my pages and now it doesn't work at all???. I can open the form when I click on the buttons, but when I try to send nothing happens. I don't even get error messages if I fill the form in incorrectly. All the files needed are in the folders where they are supposed to be, including the TAF.php file.
                        This has really got me confused....I've checked everything so many times and uplaoded and published the files again but I just cannot figure it out.
                        Please help.
                        Thank you,
                        Dave,
                        DeStarman
                        My homepage is www.destarman.com
                        (It is Dutch but the 'mail a friend' button is easily recognisable)

Comment

Looks like your submit button is not the form area. make sure the button is fully on the the form grid.
                          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks Alien Dude.
                            That was the problem....It looked like the button was inside the form, but I tweaked the settings and BINGO....
                            once again
                            MANY THANKS.

Comment

• Tell a friend about THIS page

Hello,, I have implemented the TAF, tell a friend script that can be found at the following link,, provided by Navel.. thanks.. it works great!

Question is: can the code be modified to insert into the link the url of a specific page.. whatever page the user of the taf system is on.??
                              It would be very nice for them to guide their friend to a specific page?

If so,,, is there an existing script??
                              thanks.. mike
                              Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
                              www.treetables.com

Comment

• Re: Tell a friend about THIS page

If your talking about your own site
                                why not put the script into an html box
                                and then put it on all of the pages that you wish.....I think that would work.
                                Have fun
                                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                                X