Site review please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Site review please

Hi Chris. Thanks I agree and have already changed most of the pages to use this format. It has enabled keeping the size of the "logo" consistant throughout all the pages which looks much better as well. Regarding the background when I checked the page in BV I realised it had slipped up a bit which I hadn't noticed and wasn't so obvious in IE which I use. I have moved it back to where it should have been so hopefully resolved that issue. I am working to finish the rest of the pages so will let you know when the whole revised site is up.

Thanks once again

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com
    Regards

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Hi Chris & David

New look site now up and live with the new format and layout...including Sosua David. Hope you like it and it brings back some good memories. I think all is now ok and I personally think the revised layout, as suggested by Chris, is a great help in ensuring the pages all look the same and makes setting out the information, text, pictures etc so much easier and produces a far better result overall. I reiterate my recommendation that this should be a video tutorial. I am sure it would help a lot of people to get it right the first time and not have to redo it.

Thanks once again for all the help, advice, suggestions etc.

Adrian
      www.repdomproperties.com
      Regards

Adrian
      www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Hi Adrian,
        Looks REALLY good :)
        "Other Services": couldn't find anything!!
        "Legal Matters": OK, now here I step into quite 'warm' water, he-he.........
        Property purchase in the Dominican Republic differs in many aspects to the procedures you may be used to in Europe, Great Britain or the United States
        All I will say is, 'Great Britain is "IN" Europe whether one likes it or not!? Possible alternative: "....used to in the US, UK or other parts of Europe."
        Your site....your call LOL

The close proximity of the Puerto Plata Gregorio Luperón International Airport with both charter and regular flights to world wide destinations has encouraged many people to choose this part of the country as their home. This has encouraged a wide range of new developments so that now you will find a whole range of properties available in this area ranging from condo apartments to large mansion properties set in extensive grounds and valued at several millions of dollars.
        I would prefer either "...several million Dollars." or
        "...millions of Dollars."

Your visit to Sosua can be as calm and relaxing as you wish by lounging around the resort pools or on the beach or as adventurous as you desire with the safari’s and other activities. One thing for sure is that if you don’t decide to stay here permanently you will take home memories of the Caribbean and the Dominican Republic you will never forget.

Nothing wrong with that, Adrian.
        CU,
        david
        PS - NO side-scroll....ANYWHERE...yippee!
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi David....thanks again. I also debated the wording over the UK but wanted to draw attention to the fact that there are dfferent systems even in the UK between England and Scotland and they are different to the various systems in Europe as well. Your suggestion gets around that and will save offending anyone at the same time. Other suggestions also taken on board and revised accordingly.

Thanks for al the help and the kind words about the site. I am a lot happier with it now and still have some new stuff to add but the templates make it so much easier.

Kind regards

Adrian
          www.repdomproperties.com
          Regards

Adrian
          www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

I am going to check it out....I need to learn more about how to improve my site too....

Comment

WOW!!!
              You are a professional Adrian....

I working on my site but your look AWESOME...I wonder if I will ever get my site to or near as good as your.

www.letstalkboxing.com

I often check out the forum here and the how to do this and that but at time its very confusing for me.

Comment

BE CAREFUL, everyone -clicking on this site gets a big WARNING from Firefox! www.letstalkboxing.com
                david
                Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Is that good or bad?

Comment

Hi, the page has moved up to 1200'ish again?
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hmm what does that mean?

Comment

Hi Chris.....not sure what caused that but it is back to where it should be now! And thanks for all the helpful advice and pointers. I now have the templates to use over and over again.

Hi Armando.. Thanks for the comments much appreciated. You can do but read the advice from Chris on setting up the pages it will save you a lot of grief and nakes things so much easier. If it helps I used the "Shape" tool which is next but one to the image box tool on the top of the control panel to mark out the page to the sizes Chris recommends. You can the add the appropriate template for the top of the site on this and add images or text boxes to fit. If you also use the ruler guides found in Layout it makes lining everything up easy too.

Good luck

Kind regards
                        Adrian
                        www.repdomproperties.com
                        Regards

Adrian
                        www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Originally posted by armando View Post
                          Is that good or bad?
                          Armando - in case you don't know & maybe I'm overreacting but here's what the Mozilla add-on says:

WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites - green to go, yellow for caution and red to stop – helping you avoid the dangerous sites. Surf safer and add WOT to your Firefox now.

...and when I clicked on your site I got a big WARNING: "very poor reputation for trustworthiness, legal content, etc.

Maybe it's good that you're aware of it anyway,
                          david

Comment

David and Adrian,

Thanks you for your advice. I was not aware of this...I will see how I can make my site safe for everyone. Honestly now I don't know where to start or do.....I don't want to scan anyone I just want to have a website for boxing fans to read press releases, and check out the photos...

Any advice is very much appreciated...I sure need it..

Comment

Hi Papa...thanks for the comments. Glad you liked the site The site it links to unfortunately I can't do very much with and I am aware the links are slow but again nothing I can do with that as they not me administer it. I can do some limited work on that site but not what I would really want to do which is to mirror my own.
                              Regards

Adrian
                              www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Hi Armando. My advice is to use the setting out procedure Chris mentions in his post above. That will get rid of all the excess "side" your site has now. I know it's a pain redoing it but the good thing on here is what is currently on a page you can "copy" and "paste" on to a new one and it keeps all the links etc on pictures etc. Much easier than having to do the whole lot again.
                                And it is worth the time and effort involved
                                Good luck
                                Regards

Adrian
                                www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Working...
                                X