JAlbum Software Reviews Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JAlbum Software Reviews Wanted

I downloaded JAlbum last week sometime. I didnt start playing around with it until late last night. I found that I really like this program alot. I think I will be incorporating it into our landscape/gardening site. Using JAlbum is as easy as 1 2 3. You just create a folder, move or save your pics into that folkder then press a few buttons, and viola! A ready made album of all of your pictures. You can customize the skins for the look of your new album also. I think it will make a great addition to anyone's site.

Thanks VH sir, for introducing us to this awesome program! You and your team's dedication to bringing us ( your clients ) the best of the best just goes to show how wonderful of a company you guys/gals truely are!

Thanks again folks!

Oh Btw I give JAlbum 5 Stars.
    brenT

Comment

it looks good thanks

Comment

I give it 5 stars, it's free, it's easy (once you have the instructions) it looks nice, has the features I needed, yeah I like it ....

Thanks

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I love it - I am thickskulled, so it took me alittle while to get it, but now it seems as easy as pie! 4.9 stars
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

One area is bothering me with using the jalbum .... as noted by Bethers in several posts, opening a new window is something that she just ends up leaving the site by .... so my question is

How is it you bring people back to your site if a) you do not use the target as _blank or b) you do not have to hit your back browsers button to return to the site.

Is there another way to return to the site after viewing the album??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You answered your own question. Always have the jAlbum link set to target = _blank

That way- when they are done and X out- your site will be there.

Alteratively, you could have it displayed in an I-Frame with your navation buttons on top. For example: Say you stretched an I frame from side to side 800 wide and placed it so that there was room for a header on the top and some navigation buttons. Simply set the link to the Jalbum folder to open in the I-Frame. That way-they would always be on your site.

Just a thought.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

i've used jalbum a lot you can check this page and click on pictures of trip - does this do what you want ann
                http://www.movingon1.com/trip.html
                Ann
                www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Hi, i used it yesterday it's good but could not do what i wanted,
                  i'm looking for a way to work with pictures similar to lightbox or photo gallery, but i need to be able to put text under the pics at least five lines of text and the text must show under the pic when looking at the site - basically the description of the pic will be under the pic. than i also need to be able to hyperlink the pick to another page - so if you click on the pic it will take you to another page.

Any help will be appreciated.

Louis

Comment

Hi, you can do all this with even a cart thrown in by downloading some of the other skins. Its about the quickest & most flexible freebie i have come across.
                    (With the exception of BV)
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris ..I think you use this lots, and I have too, but for main domains .. but I cannot seem to get this to publish to an add on domain? What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

What it does is it seems to create the link with the main domain in the url .. ???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hiya, just popped one up on to an add on domain & seems to be fine LINK
                        The only thing to watch out for, is i am not sure if jalbum auto creates a new folder or not? So might be best to create a folder in c panel for it to go in as it has an index page out side the main folder & this may overwrite one that you have already in that directory. Also watch out for it wanting to install in the public_html/root. (Nearly did this to me). The only thing it didn't seem to do corectly was give the right url back when it finished uploading. But just got it from c panel & it was all fine.
                        Must say! they are getting some real nice new skins for jalbum that have some great styles.
                        On a lot of the skins you can enter code in the comments box to link to other sites & popups.

Good luck.

PS, not sure if there is some work on that server today. But its very temperamental & slow today. (maybe it just mental) lol
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ah, thanks Chris, that did it, prompted me to figure out why it was going to the main account, which I couldn't change on publishing - I was failing to first add it as it's own, (because of being in the same account as an addon,) so that caused the issue with going to the main .. once I created it's own account the directory changed, but you are right about those pages index.html and even a help.html page gets created so it is important to add your own folder in your control panel firstly as you could very easily overwrite these pages. Thanks so much!! And yes, I think too there is a bit of delay today .. the internet freeway is busy, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi there!
                            I have been using JAlbum now for a long time and it`s the best on the web today.I have tryed many skins and it work perfectly most of the time.
                            The best thing is when you build the album and when you then rebuild it.
                            But a warning must be put in here. Not all skins are good to use couse some skins make the JAlbum software to "HANG-UP".
                            So if you are loading many photos in a folder and it hangs up you have to start all over again.(best to make many but smaller folders)
                            Most of the skins are ok.
                            I have JAlbum on my site and i am using the "Mamba" skin.
                            Check it out.
                            www.arosgate.com
                            I don`t speak English,i speak Swedish.If you don`t understand my English you can ask me.

Comment

Hey,

I've just download the JAlbum and I love it (I wish I could use it!!!)
                              I've created an album and uploaded to ftp...Now I don't know what to do..How can I link the album to the page..??I know I'll do it with an inline frame but I just don't know!!Someone plz help me? I think this program is fantastic if only I could use it...:/ Can someone explain what can I doo?? Thanxx in advance...
                              Feyza

www.sesan.org
                              Self Representing Art Workers

Comment

Hi, place an iframe on your page, D/Click on the iframe to get the properties box to appear & place the link to your album in the url field. IE:...http://www.yoursite.com/myjalbum/
                                Press ok & view.
                                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                                X