Google's New Browser: Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google's New Browser: Chrome

Anyone using it yet? Pros, cons, or comments?

I haven't even drilled in to read all about the new entry in the ever-growing browser market Google has presented, Chrome.

It wasn't unexpected, since they already have their own version of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (similar to highly successful Open Office by Sun/Java), which all indicate they are keen on whittling Microsoft's stranglehold on the User experience altogether. With MS's IE being the leading browser in the world today (more than 90% of all systems and Users), Chrome is supposed to usher in a new era of capability and viewability in one neat package (not to mention increase ad revenue by 30%).

Personally, I am still using Slimbrowser or Opera for most of my online forays, as they offer me the best of both worlds with Slim being the "Best of Breed" as far as a Mozilla-type, and Opera being the stable "top of the line" IE hybrid.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is up on things, and has something to reveal about Chrome.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: Google's New Browser: Chrome

It appears the first beta is available now: Chrome

And a few other links re Chrome at TechBlog
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

I don't get it: I already provided the direct link to download Chrome above ..... and I am interested in hearing what members of this forum have to say about it!

Comment

I'll get to it eventually.. they also have a new search tool included with it that every one is complaining about.. the suggested keyword as you are typing. Will definately hurt those who rank highly with one word.. not sure what its going to do for phrases. As you type it display the phrase it thinks you are looking for. Another way to monopolize the market on their advertising too i suppose. Tighter control over what users actually do or type.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Keen eye, Karen. "Smacks" of the very thing I have been accusing Google of all along (much to Race's chagrin! hee-hee).

Wouldn't you think the phrases that are being auto-populated are also the highest earners on their list, and which also may be skewed toward the current paid positions that need to produce some results for their advertisers?

This is the core anti-logic that has kept me steering clear from Google, their site search, Adsense, and all things nefarious....and with the "insertion" of a new "free" browser to get an audience, it won't be long until ads start creeping across the top toolbar too!

I'll probably stick to Slim, unless someone else posts a compelling reason to venture forth.

Comment

Yeah.. thats what lots of folks are screaming. Supposedly this is beta or soon to be live if you just type in google.com and use that to search, or your default search is google. Im afraid that yes advertisers will get the benefit of the SUGGESTED search term over generic traffic so to speak.

Google is also in the works to take over YAHOO as well. Im not tooo enthused about this merger ... smacks of monopoly of a public service doesnt it? Isnt that why ma belle had to dissimilate a few years back? But now they are all regrouped again under AT&T... hmmmm... wonder how long before google is buying up phone and cable services too...

Dont laff.. IT CAN HAPPEN. HMMM SKEERY THOUGHT.. Google as the anti christ....wonder if i can come up with some Nostradomus type stuff to dissimilate in the masses..

HEY

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for post BV friends..I test and here is Google
              new browser in new strategy in internet world.

Have nice day

Zlatko
              www.mercataworld.com
              www.marradonconstructions.com
              www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

Hi Vasili, will have a look at the chrome & pop back. But was curious on the 90% of users, using IE, where some sites seem to be saying that nearer 51% are on IE & 44% on FF. Wasn’t sure how this was worked out ?.
                Just a curiosity.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                  But now they are all regrouped again under AT&T... hmmmm... wonder how long before google is buying up phone and cable services too...
                  Recall the huge lawsuit Google won over AT&T for the last remaining cell band and the code? They gave away the code to phone makers afterward just to get their ads on every phone out there! Months later, sure enough --- the manufacturers are embracing the new browser/cell code because it IS free, again frustrating MS as they tried to "re-introduce" MSN and the newer markets (like the SYNC in Ford autos).

Not too far off, Girlfriend, not at all! SUN had the right idea when they saw what was happening and decided to morph Open Office into Open Source.....Java/Linux and Open Source are the only alternatives to being total pawns.

Whatever happened to the Congressional Bill of Internet Rights (or whatever it was) ??? Does no one really care, or are they too frightened to cry "foul" when the big bad bear is so big?

Comment

Im not impressed with it....they would be much better off if they purchased Firefox.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Guys,

Look at what I found.......................

"The Federal Office for Information Security warned Internet users of the new browser Chrome. The application by the company Google should not be used for surfing the Internet [...] It was said to be risky that user data is hoarded with a single vendor. With its search engine, email program and the new browser, Google now covers all important areas on the Internet."
                      Chrome is a security nightmare, indexes your bank accounts, Google Chrome bait and switch?, When does Google Chrome talk to Google.com?

To see all of this in action, just open up Chrome and log in to your favorite financial website. Like most important sites, it should be protected with HTTPS/SSL encryption and that should be evident in the address bar of the browser. Do the stuff you would normally do like look at your balances and gawk at your latest transactions and then open up a new tab in Chrome by clicking the “+” symbol. In the right-hand history search box, enter a few keywords and see what they get you. Surprised? I bet you are. No luck? Then try something simple like oh Visa, Mastercard, balance and account. Also try out the names and abbreviations of months like September, Sept and Sep........................

On some of our tests, we found that content of https pages had been indexed as well, allowing us to retrieve our bank account details using a keyword search,” Jelle posted.

By simply typing in Visa, Mastercard, account and the names of popular banks you can find the types of accounts and which institution they belong to. In my case, Capital and Washington worked just fine. To get my account balance, I just typed in “balance” and to get transaction information I entered “transaction”. ...........

More information at Axandra.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
                        Im not impressed with it....they would be much better off if they purchased Firefox.
                        Just to second that emotion, this is what I have heard from folks as well....
                        Dave

http://www.midnightsunastro.com

Comment

Working...
                        X