This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text menu - cut and paste will not copy link style from page to page

Having an odd problem. On my index page I have quite a complex set of headings and text menus I want to copy onto many other pages. Cut and paste is working for practically everything but won't copy across the link styles in the text menus, so I have to adjust each one individually on every page. Is there a way around this? Thanks.

Re: Text menu - cut and paste will not copy link style from page to page

Not doing a Forum Search before posting becomes rather irksome.

Review the following > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...tml#post374116
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Not doing a Forum Search before posting becomes rather irksome.

Review the following > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...tml#post374116
      Having reviewed the link, I cannot understand how to fix the problem I seem to have caused myself. The text links are displaying the wrong colour when I publish the pages. I have tried deleting them from each page, then saving the page with the save icon. Then open again, and cut and paste from the index page again (as the link you provided seems to suggest), but to no avail. Only the index page displays the correct colours for the text links. Sorry to ask again, but what do I need to do to fix the problem aside from creating every page again from scratch? The info in the link is not clear to me. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsdunford View Post
        Having reviewed the link, I cannot understand how to fix the problem I seem to have caused myself. The text links are displaying the wrong colour when I publish the pages. I have tried deleting them from each page, then saving the page with the save icon. Then open again, and cut and paste from the index page again (as the link you provided seems to suggest), but to no avail. Only the index page displays the correct colours for the text links. Sorry to ask again, but what do I need to do to fix the problem aside from creating every page again from scratch? The info in the link is not clear to me. Thanks.
        Okay - created a template using the header info with all the text links, and have cut and pasted the lower part of each page into the template. Published as a test, and it seems to work. Looks like I can now do that for each and every page. Should I foresee any problems doing things this way, or is there a quicker, safer way? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsdunford View Post
          Should I foresee any problems doing things this way, or is there a quicker, safer way? Thanks.
          Seems pretty clear ...
          Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Any changes to an element displaying globally across your site must be re-inserted (delete the old, paste the same-source new one) upon all those same pages prior to re-publishing, as in any navigation element (Button, Menu, etc.) for when you change or edit "mid-stream" you disrupt the previous continuity that was created when duplicated page-to-page originally. It's a pain sometimes, but there is no way around it ... all those pages need to have the same edited element re-Pasted onto the pages in sequential order starting with the "index" page, and then they all need to be re-published.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X