X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wordpress SEO friendly?

Hi
    Someone advised me to convert my HTML website to Wordpress because it's SEO friendly. My webmaster said Wordpress is the entry level and not suitable for my e-commerce website. I'm confused

Re: Is Wordpress SEO friendly?

WordPress is probably the most seo friendly publishing platform on the internet...WordPress has over a dozen amazing seo plugins.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Wordpress is primarily intended for written, textual Content, and is superior in properly "optimizing" such Content as it is exactly how the Search Engines respond to text and volumes of compositional Content.

There are indeed, many plugin's available to refine these optimization efforts in Wordpress, yet only a very few plugin's that help to configure a website truly eCommerce enabled (the content of a true eCommerce site is literally based upon another premise, so limitations of Wordpress as an eCommerce foundation become immediately obvious).

Wordpress, as a "blog" format and a compositional-Content based foundation will always be "easier" to use and update for most Users, as it has a built-in feature that requires the SE's to re-visit more often and with a certain approach in order to include/cache all your new entries. It is for this reason that if your site is not being updated regularly, new articles or blog entries being added with predicatble frequency, or if your site becomes large due to the nature of the volume of content you need to include to add the eCommerce features, it is recommended that you instead choose a CMS foundation.

CMS (Content Management Systems) foundations such as Joomla, Mambo, and the others, have the same seeming features that Wordpress does (easy article/page creation, navigation system, Viewer Logon, Membership, comments, tagging, built-in blogroll, etc.), but it is intended for a much larger overall website Content volume and has the specific manner of page creation and relational modules that do not require the SE's to visit with nearly such frequency (daily or multiple times in a single week) which allows a more stable manner in which to apply eCommerce functionality.

The current "recommendation" of Wordpress over CMS is due to the general Open Source Community awareness that such scripts (Joomla, Mambo, etc.) seem to be more vulnerable to hack attacks due to the nature of their open source coding. If you install a CMS website, if you simply keep your version updated and install the current patch's and stable plugin's, you should avoid any threats.

If you want the built-in "SEO-Friendliness" of Wordpress together with the capability of robust eCommerce, you should look carefully into using CMS such as Joomla or Mambo.

* It is important to remember that a proper HTML-based "shopping cart" website such as osCommerce, Soholaunch, or even CUBE Cart all have the same stability and built-in SEO functionality that Wordpress and CMS capitalize on .... it is merely a matter of enabling them properly, and keeping them up to date with security measures (most carts are much more secure than either Wordpress or a CMS site) .... which has always been a more demanding of a task for the beginner, as it involves a more focused learning curve to learn the system than a simple Wordpress or CMS installation.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili, I have learned something from you today.

Comment

Originally posted by redbal View Post
          Thanks Vasili, I have learned something from you today.

.... and on we go!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X