flash style menus and photo galleries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flash style menus and photo galleries

It would be nice to have more flash style menus and flash photo galleries build into Bluevoda. Definitely will make my job easier. When will the next new BlueVoda coming out? Does anyone know?

Re: flash style menus and photo galleries

Until google and the flash companies get together and sort out a decent search event, I wont bother with flash menus...............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I use a flash menu on my site (link below) but repeat it at the bottom of each page as a text menu for the SEs. See flashvortex.com for some pretty good stuff for free or a little cash to remove their logo. No need for BV to reinvent the wheel, there's a ton of this stuff to be had on the net.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
        Until google and the flash companies get together and sort out a decent search event, I wont bother with flash menus...............

Ah, but they have David .. here, have a look ....

Read about Google Reads Flash on Websites

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Holly, I read that article a few days ago, and I got the distinct impression that its still in its infancy.

However, like tom, I still use a mixture whenever I use flash.

I am still young enough to learn, and not old enough to ignore good advice..........lol
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great information!!! I really appreciated it. I definitely can use something I learnt from all the replies. This forum is way way better than the Vodahost support itself!! I am using Flash for parts of my sites, not the whole thing. I basically use Swishmax to create a movie then load it into Bluevoda, so far so good for what I need, but it's still pain in the butt sometimes. Most of the people are asking for fancy galleries and menu which BV offers very little in the build in liberary. Speaking of Google, can we add a Google Checkout function into BV? Paypal is popular, but real pros don't use Paypal, because their anti-seller policies.

Comment

Never heard of a google checkout function...........am I missing something?

and where did you hear that real pros dont use PayPal ?
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Comment

i agree, i dont think there are too many sites out there that dont use paypal even if they have a package. where did you read that. by the way david i have been away and will get to your request this weekend.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Google Checkout is an online payment service from Google, it's been around for awhile. Ebay banned GC, so Paypal doesn't get any competitions. Google Checkout has lower fees and better services than Paypal. I have been using it for awhile now. I refuse to use Paypal on Ebay, because of the reverse charge back scam. Also Paypal will hold your money for 21 days before they release it if you sell stuff on eBay. You can Google it, just search for Paypal 21 day Hold Policy. Many eBay sellers left eBay because of the Paypal issue along with the new feedback system. I only use Paypal as the last option. It would be nice if BV can add GC in as well. However, I am more interested in menus and galleries.

Comment

Well.. 1st.. repeating Naval.. this would cost money to license flash editing software.. so then BV wouldnt be free

2nd.. youd have to have script written or see number one.. pay for the licensing to edit it and out put it..

3rd.. then you have software bugs and issues in compatibility.

Adding flash is not like adding a java script ... its much more complicated.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I see........

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                        i agree, i dont think there are too many sites out there that dont use paypal even if they have a package. where did you read that. by the way david i have been away and will get to your request this weekend.
                        Received and understood..............many thanks
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Comment

Hi Ko, that's what I do now with the buttons. I create my own buttons for each site project I do. I agree that most of the buttons in the library are generic and amateur looking, I only use the very simple and clean ones. 2 years ago when I first begin to use BV, they were fine, but as time goes by, I am looking for something more pro. Besides fancy flash galleries and menus which I can use the 3rd party software to create, I am also looking for something really basic such as vertical or hozizontal auto scroll bars. You know when you move the button over the arrorw, the text will start to scroll up or down. I understand what Karen said about fees and bugs. I realized that I need to use outside software to create menus or galleries, but adding auto scroll function into the new upcoming BV would be nice too.

Comment

First of all, web designers have used falsh menu bars for years. All swf files have to be embedded in html doc, so even when the search engines did not read falsh files there were a few things that could be done. If you take a look at source code or most of the big flash designers you can find between the last object tag a long list something like this

</object>
                            <p><a href="http://www.mywebsite.com /mysite_index.html">this page is about whatever</a>
                            <p><a href="http://www.mywebsite.com /mysite_sales.html">we sell cheap widgets from 1$ </a>
                            </body>
                            this list can be endless and unless you have java off, which nobody surfs the web in normal state has, it will not be readable for the browser but at the sametime is very friendly with search engines.
                            With that out of the way. I think vodahost should make a pack like adobe does dw,fl,ai ect.
                            And just like bluevoda can only be published in vodahost account well the same for the rest, blueflash, blueillustrator, blueeffects je je. Free of course.

Comment

Working...
                            X