No announcement yet.

Transparent background in inline frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent background in inline frame?

I am trying to find the way to have the the transparent background in inline frame. So, the result would be- I can scroll the test and see all the time the picture, what inline frame will be on. Any ideas how to do it?
    Greetings,
    JM

www.debussy.juliamustonen.com
    www.juliamustonen.com

Re: Transparent background in inline frame?

Hi, if you mean a bit like this one? LINK
    Then put the code below in the "Between head tag" of the html area of the page that will appear in the iframe.

<style type="text/css">
    body {background-color:transparent}
    </style>

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you really much!It works perfectly:(at list in my computer)

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Yep! fine at this end. The only down side with iframes is that they are not very SE friendly, & if your using colors for the scroll bar, it wont show in some other browsers.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If you only want to have scrolling text and you don't need to many different formattings, use a text area instead, and make it transparent and without border (border = 0)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

This is the 1st I've heard that iframes are not SE friendly! What exactly does that mean?
            Marcie
            www.redtractorfarm.com
            www.iloveacorns.com
            www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

[quote=navaldesign;200278]If you only want to have scrolling text and you don't need to many different formattings, use a text area instead, and make it transparent and without border (border = 0)[/quote
              but in text area you can delete the text?this is maybe not the best way...

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Se stands for search engines - such as google, yahoo or msn. from what i hear they do not like site that have iframes, but bethers is probably the most knowledgeable person that i know on this subject. drop her a line and she will gladly explain it all to you.
                mrmagoo144
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

[quote=jmustone;200281]
                  Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                  If you only want to have scrolling text and you don't need to many different formattings, use a text area instead, and make it transparent and without border (border = 0)[/quote
                  but in text area you can delete the text?this is maybe not the best way...
                  No, you can't delete anything. If a user deletes it, he only deletes it in his screen. However, to avoid even this case, right click the text are, HTML, and paste in the "Inside Body" the word "readonly". You are done.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by marciemayer View Post
                    This is the 1st I've heard that iframes are not SE friendly! What exactly does that mean?

Hi, there are a few downsides with SE’s when using an iframe on the page.
                    Many of the SE’s just read what’s on a single page & can’t see what’s in the iframe page.
                    So if you make a page with lots of nice keywords & titles & all of these words are related to text in the iframe, the SE’s wont see them & wont give you very good points.
                    The other problem is that a page you place in the iframe may get a better ranking than your main page that it was meant to be showing in. So! The SE,s might bring these iframe pages up 1st . But this depends a lot on how pages are set up.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Checked out this code in explorer- and this does not work maybe somebody can check it for me also: the site is:

look this in explorer and in mozilla. And maybe tell me, what do you see?does it work in your computer in explorer?

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Now i try on this site the "stay background code"- works in explorer, but does not in Mozilla...
                        and the transparent- works in Mozilla and doe snot in Explorer...Does somebody know some codes, what will work in both!?

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

i am finding the same problem. i can get my iframe to be transparent in mozilla but not in IE. anybody have a way to make the iframe transparent in both?

laurateague.com

Comment

Hi, place any images on the main page (parent), & not in the background of the iframe page. Just put text only on the page that will fill the iframe. Then place the iframe over the image.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                              Hi, place any images on the main page (parent), & not in the background of the iframe page. Just put text only on the page that will fill the iframe. Then place the iframe over the image.
                              I did...Then it does not work in Explorer.
                              Now I use the other code, what makes background image to stay..But then it does not work in Mozilla...:((((

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X