X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to upload a file using a form

AHA!

I think i've got it working now, didn't notice the form tony had posted, once I edited the links and updated the form field names it works a treat.

Thanks tony et all.

Comment

Why don't you use ABVFP ? it will take care of as many uploads you like, and will also attach the files to the email that you will receive. It also allows autoresponder, multiple choice dropdowns and a lot more. And, if you want, it will also store the form info in a database.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I was able to set up a dwnload link. The only problem is the file begins to play once dwnloaded. The file I have is a Flash MC file to be used for websites. Is there a way to have it dwnload onto the users desktop as a file to be used later?
        www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Comment

Could someone let me know what I did wrong? I got everything to work right except on the thank you page, a bunch of script appears at the very top (from the uploadaction.php part).

Everything works except that (the form, the file upload, the thank you page... ). I don't know anything about code, so I don't want to start messing with what I don't know how to read.

www.TreasuredXpressions.com/Order.html
          which leads to www.TreasuredXpressions.com/thankyou_page.html

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Will'smom,

You have placed php code inside the thank_you.html page and that is why it is showing up. The action of the form is set to uploadaction.php and this is where the php code should be. At first glance, I would say simply delete any php code that you have placed in the thank_you.htmll page and it should be ok.

First- can you give the url of the instructions you followed to get this far?
            We will take a look at it and then go from there.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you so much. It was about midnight last night when I was working on that and I was getting so frustrated...then I forgot my password into the forums and got locked out.
              Anyway, I forgot that I accidently put the script in the thank you page, so I just deleted it and it works beautifully. I had just followed the tutorials above (but when you're tired, sometimes you skip a step and have to go back...then things get messed up!)

By the way, can you tell me how to have a link on the page that will allow the user download a file (i.e., word document). I'm sure it's easy, but I've fiddled with it this morning and it's not working.

Thanks again!

Comment

Just link it the normal way with the hyperlink button. The way it works is that they right lick on the link and then choose "save target as" to their computer. Thats it.

Gald all is well with the form.

Cheers-
                Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I'm confused as to Notepad. Is that the HTML on the form or on the page?

Comment

No, it is a self standing file. You create it in Notepad and you upload it in your file using FTP.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Don't allow bigger files

Hello!

I was trying to upload files using different scripts including BV one explained here but I have problems with size limit. I think the server don't allow to upload files bigger than 2MB...

I changed the limit into the script to $upload_Size >1000000000.

The upload form is installed on a Voda hosting, http://www.normal.ro/sbs/1.html

Is anyone who knows how can I make server let me upload bigger files?

Thanks,
                      Sebastian

Comment

... and no error is displayed while a file is bigger than 2MB...

Comment

Depending on the server settings, php will allow you to upload files up to 52 MB. Usually VH servers are set to 4.77 Mb.

1000000000 that you have set, is 1 Gb !!!

The script WILL give an error if the size is bigger than the set limit. Of course, if you have it set at 1 Gb, you will get no error message, though the file will not be uploaded if bigger than the server settings.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                            Depending on the server settings, php will allow you to upload files up to 52 MB. Usually VH servers are set to 4.77 Mb.

1000000000 that you have set, is 1 Gb !!!

The script WILL give an error if the size is bigger than the set limit. Of course, if you have it set at 1 Gb, you will get no error message, though the file will not be uploaded if bigger than the server settings.
                            I will need to upload files between 10 and 200MB (video files)... This VH server seems to be set to 2MB, as 1.9MB files are uploaded and 2.1MB are not... Do you have any idea what can I do to change the server limit?

Comment

I know that I changed the file limit to 1GB, I just wanted to be sure that I can upload any file I want until I get it fixed...

Even the php 52 MB can be a reasonable limit... but 2MB is much to low...

Comment

You can NOT set the server limit, VH sets it. Usually only 4.77 is allowed. For larger files you need to use FTP or File Manager. Seems strange that 2.1 Mb is not uploaded, as said most VH servers are set to 4.77.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X