Anyone have this problem with PayPal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have this problem with PayPal?

I opened a Premier account and verified bank account with PayPal. They have my correct email address, but insist that I verify it by receiving an email from them with a confirmation number and cofirmation link.

Problem is that I have tried several times to verify, but they have never sent me the email to verify with!

I have emailed their customer service, twice and have never received a reply. (I have checked the Bulk/Spam folder, too.) I have called their customer service number, only to be lead around in circles thru their wonderful automated system. Never have I been able to talk to a real person!

Anyone know a way to get to talk to a real person at PayPal?

I can't generate my PayPal buttons until I can verify my email address with them!

Re: Anyone have this problem with PayPal?

call this # and ask to speak to an agent. 1-888-221-1161
    good luck you still have to deal with the automated stuf

Randie
    www.primalleathers.com

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
      I opened a Premier account and verified bank account with PayPal. They have my correct email address, but insist that I verify it by receiving an email from them with a confirmation number and cofirmation link.

Problem is that I have tried several times to verify, but they have never sent me the email to verify with!

I have emailed their customer service, twice and have never received a reply. (I have checked the Bulk/Spam folder, too.) I have called their customer service number, only to be lead around in circles thru their wonderful automated system. Never have I been able to talk to a real person!

Anyone know a way to get to talk to a real person at PayPal?

I can't generate my PayPal buttons until I can verify my email address with them!
      Not sure if this will work in the USA, but it works here extremely well in the UK.

If You phone ANY company that then insist on keeping you on the phone for half an hour going through option after option after option, only to end up still speaking to no one...

When you get your options, don't pick any of them... Choose 0. Thery might come back with a message saying 'Invalid option, please choose again'... choose 0 again. You may have to do this a maximum 3 times (uaully twice though) and that's when you'll get a message saying 'Sorry we could not understand your choice, we are now putting you through to a customer advisor'

Trust me... works every time.

It was actually a call centre member of staff who told me this after going round the system for ages and ages.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Usually its not the EMAIL you have to verify.. but your BANK account. I never got an EMAIL verification ever. They deposit a few pennies, usually twice amounting to less than .25 to your account. When it shows up at your bank you login to paypal and VERIFY the bank deposits.

I think this may be the cause of your confusion. They could be doing something different.. but... this would be the first ive heard of having to confirm your EMAIL.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Actualy, Karen is right... sorry I didn't think.. too busy telling you how to get through to them on the phone.

Let me tell you of a big issue with this verify bank details procedure whilst I am here...

As Karen rightly says, they depost two small payments in your bank. You are then supposed to log in and click on the 'verify' link and then your account is set up.

Let me tell you from many experiences doing this procedure that it does not go smoothly.

Firstly, there will not be a verify link... for some reason they are not there where Paypal tell you they are...

Secondly, you then have to call them, which in itself is a process as mentioned above. When you do finally get through, they will give you a link to a seperate part of their website that no one knows about until they tell you over the phone. There, you will find your verification link!!!

I have complained about this many times, and on my final complaint I was assured that they were aware of this issue as well as three others I mentioned to them and they guarantted me that a meeting was being held to discuss these issues and solve them. Whether that has been done or not by now I am sure you will find out in due course.

Best of Luck!
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I got straight to a verify link... even when ive set up someone elses.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              I got straight to a verify link... even when ive set up someone elses.

Karen
              Must be a UK issue?

Comment

PayPal asks that you verify a "deposit" (discussed above) to your bank account, noting the transaction number which ID's the deposit as seen in your account Register (as exampled on the PayPal site), which you then "verify" with PayPal by logging back into the PayPal website in Your Account, and your account setup should take you to the option of "Account Verification": paste the bank deposit transaction number (that you copied earlier viewing your acount activity online) into the field to complete the "verification."

The same process worldwide. No need to call anyone, unless you really want to!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  PayPal asks that you verify a "deposit" (discussed above) to your bank account, noting the transaction number which ID's the deposit as seen in your account Register (as exampled on the PayPal site), which you then "verify" with PayPal by logging back into the PayPal website in Your Account, and your account setup should take you to the option of "Account Verification": paste the bank deposit transaction number (that you copied earlier viewing your acount activity online) into the field to complete the "verification."

The same process worldwide. No need to call anyone, unless you really want to!
                  Unless you live in the UK! Trust me... I don't make this stuff up!

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                    Must be a UK issue?
                    Apparently, as I done setups for clients in St. Martin, St. Lucia, and even the USVI.

Too bad they make you jump through so many hoops and then aren't there for you when you land!
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      Apparently, as I done setups for clients in St. Martin, St. Lucia, and even the USVI.

Too bad they make you jump through so many hoops and then aren't there for you when you land!
                      Well... my conversation with them approx three months ago did receive a promise of sorting this issue out along with two or three other issues which I explained to them they only had to go look on all the complaints on forums to see it was a huge issue. So hopefully this ISN'T an issue now... hopefully! Although I am extremely scared now when my bank send me a new replacement card and I know I have to have my Paypal account restricted for several days as a result of them cocking up the process! I love Paypal, my business is reliant on it big time but I just wish they would pull their fingers out on a few things and tidy up their processes.

Comment

Working...
                      X