Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoping for Help

Originally posted by Sandarella View Post
    Thank you for helping with my contact page -- it is working now. I have another form on this page http://www.sandarellas.com/veils.php that is not working. I checked everything you said that helped make my contact page work but it is not making this page work. If you could take a look I would appreciate it. Thank You
    Convert the "veil comb" selection checkboxes to simple drop-down selections as used in everything else. Make sure the "Veil Color" Table is not in the FORM Area.

The rest you should be able to figure out on your own, after resolving your earlier issue and by studiously following all the directions and Tips noted above..
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Publishing Forms

I have a problem publishing my site. (www.yeswaysystems.com). I have a 2 menu with different form. It was successfully published but the problem is when I run the website there is an 404 not found error and I don't know what to do. Please help me...

Comment

Re: Publishing Forms

Originally posted by arvin0917 View Post
        I have a problem publishing my site. (www.yeswaysystems.com). I have a 2 menu with different form. It was successfully published but the problem is when I run the website there is an 404 not found error and I don't know what to do. Please help me...
        You should be able to find this simple thread in the Forums very easily to provide the solution you seek.

Any page that has a FORM (email Form) on it must be published as PHP, as dictated clearly in the Tutorials.

Review All Three Video Tutorials, AND the Page Instructions below each Video Screen:
        1. Form Wizard – Easy & Fast!
        2. Form Wizard – Creating a form from Scratch
        3. How to edit a Form (already created)

After reviewing the above thread completely and the Tutorials, do you still have a FORM on your page that is not working?
        Still confused about how to install a FORM on your "index" page and make it work (see instructions with "index" included)?
        Follow these steps specifically to find and correct your error:
        1. Open your ('index') page in BlueVoda
        2. Double-click on FORM AREA to reveal FORM PROPERTIES
        3. Make sure you have selected > "Encoded:multipart/form-data"
        4. Under FORM PROCESSING, select "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address" (This selection also resets the page to automatically be published as PHP)
        5. Be sure to edit/enter your valid email address, replacing the example shown by default (yourname@yoursite.com)
        6. In PAGE PROPERTIES (access from the Toolbar via EDIT > PROPERTIES or by right-clicking on a blank area of the page in the Workpane > PAGE PROPERTIES), verify that the "File Extension" has been automatically reset to "PHP" ... if it has not been, make the correct selection to "PHP" before moving to next Step.
        7. Also in FORM PROPERTIES, make sure the 'Name' of the FORM is consistent with the name of the page (defaulted as "contact" and that your "Success" page has also been created and published for the FORM to present after processing (all parts of the script must be present and configured properly: FORM page, Success page, Error page).
        8. SAVE page
        (as "index") only - do not add any page extensions when Saving or Publishing, as outlined in the Tutorials
        9. Re-publish page as saved
        (as "index")
        10. Use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "contact.html" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
        > How To Use BlueFTP To Manage Your Hosting Account (Upload/Delete Files, Create Folders, etc.)
        11. Refresh your browser to load the newly published ".php" page that remains on the server to your browser cache for full view.

Comment

Re: Publishing Forms

Hello Vasili, I also have a form problem which I need some help with. This is the page http://www.aacvirtual.co.uk/uploadform.php and the auto responders and emails do not seem to work or the upload. I am using ABVFP and I have the upload folder in my correct FTP directory and the file uploadaction.php has also been added. I added the database and myself as the user. I don't see how the upload is going to get to the right folder as I cannot seem to be able to change the Action in Form Properties to dbts_abvfp.php as opposed to ?php echo basename(_FILE): ? with "greater than" and "less than" arrows at either end. I get an error message if trying to complete the form in BV, Preview in browser, but if I publish the page, the submit button works and I get the success page, but it has not worked. Gulp! Charlie.

Comment

Re: Website FORM Problems

Sorry, Charlie, but I do not use nor can advise with regard to ABVFP ....

I have never had the need to over-complicate simple email functions by programming a Database. You will need to either wait for someone to specifically address this ABVFP issue in the Forums, or you might try contacting Support for some advanced assistance (ask that your Ticket be handled by Hank ...)

Comment

Re: Website FORM Problems

Thanks Vasili, I tend to agree with you about overcomplicating, but...... Will ask Hank! Charlie.

Comment

after filling the form it doesn't get to my email that I put in the form

after filling the form it doesn't get to my email that I put in the form:

how can I send u the bvp file so u can try and see what's the problem?
                tnx,
                Mili

Comment

Re: after filling the form it doesn't get to my email that I put in the form

Every element of the Form, especially the SUBMIT button must be within the boundaries of the FORM AREA (the 'grid' Form layer) for the Form to function.

The Page must also be properly configured with the proper entries (i.e. select "multi-part data form" and enter a valid email address to send the completed Form to) as outlined in the Video Tutorial for the Form script to function properly.
                  * Review the Checklist of items in this post to be sure you have configured your Form with all that is required.

Please review the Video Tutorials carefully ... these are basic skills that you need to master.
                  TUTORIAL: Creating a Form From Scratch
                  TUTORIAL: How To Edit a Form Already Created

Comment

Contact form not working

My url is www.brockton-furnace.com . Using Firefox, access to all pages works well except for the CONTACT US button. I receive a page not found message. If I right click on the button, the form appears and info can be entered, and I get the success msg when I SUBMIT. When I check the email address, the submitted info is not there.

1) Why do I have to right click button to see form and

2) Why do I not get the info in the email address ?

Comment

Re: Contact form not working

Refresh your browser, or maybe even make sure your browsers are updated ... everything appears fine for me.

The reason your Form is not submitting email properly is because you have not configured or published your pages precisely as outlined in the Tutorials. Double-check your efforts. You may find some steps (in addition to links to the Tutorials) in earlier posts in this thread above.

Comment

weird scrip or java in background of webpage

hi, i am new to building a website, just managed to get mine published, but have a weird scrip, think its java not sure in the background of one of my pages, ive looked on my webbuilder and cant see anything, any one had the same problem or know how to remove this?
                        many thanks

sam

website : www.sjskinner.co.uk and its on the contact page

Comment

Re: weird scrip or java in background of webpage

Originally posted by sjskinner View Post
                          hi, i am new to building a website, just managed to get mine published, but have a weird scrip, think its java not sure in the background of one of my pages, ive looked on my webbuilder and cant see anything, any one had the same problem or know how to remove this?
                          website : www.sjskinner.co.uk and its on the contact page
                          Any page that has a FORM (email Form) on it must be published as PHP, as dictated clearly in the Tutorials.

Review All Three Video Tutorials, AND the Page Instructions below each Video Screen:
                          1. Form Wizard – Easy & Fast!
                          2. Form Wizard – Creating a form from Scratch
                          3. How to edit a Form (already created)

After reviewing the above thread completely and the Tutorials, do you still have a FORM on your page that is not working?
                          Still confused about how to install a FORM on your "index" page and make it work (see instructions with "index" included)?
                          Follow these steps specifically to find and correct your error:
                          1. Open your page in BlueVoda
                          2. Double-click on FORM AREA to reveal FORM PROPERTIES
                          3. Make sure you have selected > "Encoded:multipart/form-data"
                          4. Under FORM PROCESSING, select "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address" (This selection also resets the page to automatically be published as PHP)
                          5. Be sure to edit/enter your valid email address, replacing the example shown by default (yourname@yoursite.com)
                          6. In PAGE PROPERTIES (access from the Toolbar via EDIT > PROPERTIES or by right-clicking on a blank area of the page in the Workpane > PAGE PROPERTIES), verify that the "File Extension" has been automatically reset to "PHP" ... if it has not been, make the correct selection to "PHP" before moving to next Step.
                          7. SAVE page "as-is" with the same Page Name as entered as Form Name in Page Properties above
                          only (i.e. "contact" "inquiry" etc.) - do not add any page extensions when Saving or Publishing, as outlined in the Tutorials
                          8. Re-publish page as automatically saved by BlueVoda
                          9. Use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "contact.html" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
                          > How To Use BlueFTP To Manage Your Hosting Account (Upload/Delete Files, Create Folders, etc.)
                          10. Refresh your browser to load the newly published ".php" page that remains on the server to your browser cache for full view.

Comment

Problem with two forms - please assist

Good morning:

I have created a fundraiser page for the coffee I sell. It is just a website with ONE main page (then the success pages),...

I have two forms on the ONE page. Is that allowed? The problem I am having is that when I submit the request for, it send an email showing that it has been submitted as the order form and the Order Success page comes up. I have worked on it for hours, and so has my husband who has been using blue voda for years. We went through all the tutorials. What are we missing?

I also have this page as well:

And here is our "landing page"....

Thanks so much!
                            Michele~
                            Scott

My Web Design Site

Comment

Re: Problem with two forms - please assist

Only one FORM per page, if it is to function properly.

If, in fact, you only have one page for your website, or have a FORM on your index page, you should review carefully this same thread (especially posts #11 and #12 which address FORMS on the 'index' page) to understand the concepts outlined in detail in order to properly create a functional single-page website with a FORM.

Comment

contact form wont publish

hi all,

not sure what im doing wrong, ive added a contact form on my contact page, followed all the steps in the tuturial, checked everything, saved as php, encoding type as multipart/form data, processing boz checked use built in php form processor, saved published, and the form isnt showing online, really dont know what im doing wrong.

any idea will really help, many thanks

sam

Comment

Working...
                                X