Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: submit button or success page not working

Originally posted by thelodge View Post
    I have read over the info on how to add a form using pre built wizzard, i have a contact us page, when you click on the email buttun it takes you to our eamil page with my contact form, i also created a success page, i have done everything and double checked, but when i go online to test it this is what happens.. i fill out the form, and type in the code then hit submit, once i hit submit it takes me to a blank page not my sucess page? im sure its something very simple, but i can not figure it out and its driving me nuts. could you take a look and maybe see what i am missing? thank you. http://www.thelodgecudahy.com/email.php
    1. Your "Contact Us" Navigation Button delivers to the thelodgecudahy.com/contact.html page where you have the Google Map displayed, along with another link to the "Email" page with the Form on it (thelodgecudahy.com/email.php). Rather odd format, but whatever works for you .... as long as you have in fact properly configured your Form Properties with this new "Name" rather than the default "contact" that is configured automatically by the Wizard.

2. You might have created your "Success" and "Error" pages, but you have not published them (either as ".html" or the proper ".php"), so it is no wonder why the script 'cannot find' them and returns a '404 Error' message. I checked, believe me, and neither page is there under either page extension, so go ahead and publish them immediately (using the proper page extensions, of course).

3. Personally, I would suggest you lose the Wizard-created Form (since you are re-naming it and substituting your own manner of presenting the Contact/Email functions) and manually create your Form instead, as this allows you total access to the Form's Properties and design abilities. Although there are consistent "issues" with Wizard-created Forms in the Forums, there has never been a single issue with a manually created Form (provided it was properly configured). Just a thought ....

* Don't forget to "clean out" earlier page versions off the server so they do not conflict with each other (via page extensions -- ".html" vs. ".php") by using either File Manager in cPanel or by the simplified tool included in BlueVoda, BlueFTP!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: submit button or success page not working

Hello, I started all over, and i can not get the success page to show up, and it has been published(as a html)
      my contact us page now has the email form on it , this is what i have ..form name contact,encoding is multipart/form-data,
      using built in php form, i have thelodgecudahy****** to send it to and www.thelodgecudahy.com./success.html
      can you check to see what i am missing, on why the success page is not showing up. i greatly appreciate it, thank you.

Comment

Re: Website FORM Problems

Hello, I can't get my form to submit to my email... It's a fairly big form, so I created a test form to make sure everything is working properly before I start on the main form... This form is at http://beauxartsfair.com/test1.php It goes to my success page after I hit the "Submit" button, however I don't receive an email (I've also been checking my spam folder, and tried another non-AOL email address... I manually created a form with form wizard, I watched the 3 videos several times, I've been over this thread with a fine tooth comb several times, and verified every step...

1. I went to the page in BlueVoda

2. Double-clicked on FORM AREA to get to FORM PROPERTIES (I also right clicked a couple times)

3. I made sure "Encoded:multipart/form-data" is selected

4. I verified Under FORM PROCESSING, "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address."

5. I entered my valid email address, replacing the example (yourname@yoursite.com)

6. I right clicked on a blank spot in BV to access PAGE PROPERTIES and verified that the "File Extension" is set to "PHP"

7. I also made sure the 'Name' of the FORM is the same as the page (In this case it's "test1" without the quotes of course) ... and that my "Success" page and "error" pages are created.

8. I saved the page without any page extensions.

9. I've Re-publish page several times.

10. I also Use BlueFTP to delete the previously published "test1.php" and "test1.html".

11. I even deleted my internet cache and temp files, and refresh my browser to load the newly published page

But no matter what I do, I do not receive the email... It acts like it's working (it goes to the success page), but nothing..

I'm completely dumbfounded... After reading carefully each suggestion, I even tried placing the "Submit" button after the "Reset" button then re-traced all the steps again.

I know it's something stupid, but after 5 days of combing over everything, I can't get it to submit to my email...

Can you take a look and tell me what I'm missing?... I could even send you screen shots of my page properties if that'll help.
        BeauxArtsFair.com
        ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
        GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Let me clarify... I built the big form initially, and had this problem, and after trouble shooting that one, I started from a blank page to take out any possible coding conflicts.
          BeauxArtsFair.com
          GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Okay... Just thought I'd give you guys an update if anyone is interested... After working on the problem all day going back and forth with tech support, apparently AOL and Yahoo changed their form template policy for security reasons, so the solution is to either create the form to comply with AOL and Yahoo form policies (not sure how to set that up), or put a different email such as Gmail or MSN as the main email address, then cc to the AOL or Yahoo addresses...

BeauxArtsFair.com
            GlassIllusions.net

Comment

I had an existing 'comments' form that was working correctly. I started getting too much 'bot mail' so added captcha, form now fails to contact. I have used captcha and re-captcha, I have used form wizard and created my own. They work until I add the captcha element, please could someone tell me what Im doing wrong...?
              My original working contact form

My failed efforts

http://thebakersarmsdroxford.com/contactform.php (this has both the wizard and manual version)

Comment

Originally posted by cordery7 View Post
                I had an existing 'comments' form that was working correctly. I started getting too much 'bot mail' so added captcha, form now fails to contact. I have used captcha and re-captcha, I have used form wizard and created my own. They work until I add the captcha element, please could someone tell me what Im doing wrong...?
                My original working contact form

My failed efforts

http://thebakersarmsdroxford.com/contactform.php (this has both the wizard and manual version)
                1. It is important to maintain proper order of the elements in a FORM, so their function is not "competing" or interrupting of the other. In your case (whether or not you prefer the design), the proper ordering of elements should be Name, Email, Tel. No., Comments, the Reset (optional), and THEN followed by CAPTCHA and finally the Submit BUTTON. CAPTCHA should always be just before SUBMIT in the functional chain, and SUBMIT the last.
                2. It is common for Webbies to set up "test" pages for FORMS without making the proper entries in the FORM Properties to accommodate the unique Page Name, rendering the FORM useless as it will function only according to the precise settings. It is by far simpler to "test" a single page that is actually Published, keeping the different FORM designs and layouts on separately saved -- yet unpublished -- BlueVoda pages, making it simple to COPY+PASTE them onto pages when and if needed.

* And, as always, be sure to have every FORM element completely and well within the FORM boundary itself to preserve functionality (no overlapping or extending beyond the FORM).
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X