This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Logout

I've read the tutorial on BV's login system. My question is, is there an auto logout? I know there's a logout button, but let's say, a member went out of the secured pages, sort of clicked a public page. Will he/she be automatically logged out? Thank you.

Re: Auto Logout

In this post, and all of your previous posts ... why don't you first try implementing something to see for yourself how things work rather than ask many questions without ever actually doing?

What is your Domain name, or a URL to your website?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

No, there isn't such a feature. BUT, why should a member be logged out just because he visited a "public" page ???
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        In this post, and all of your previous posts ... why don't you first try implementing something to see for yourself how things work rather than ask many questions without ever actually doing?

What is your Domain name, or a URL to your website?
        Hello, well it's because I like to think things over before I start something, whether it's feasible or not, doable or not, can I do it or not, and so on and so forth. Unlike others, I'm not a web programmer, I'm more into design, so I'd like to know first if what I have in mind is doable or not.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          No, there isn't such a feature. BUT, why should a member be logged out just because he visited a "public" page ???
          Hi Naval, it's because the protected pages contain custom car designs that I don't want others, even members to copy or spread out (sort of for your eyes only). Here's how the site works out - prospected members will have to email me for the username and password, they won't have to signup. Members are 'super select' few who are car design enthusiasts and possible customers. Thank you.

Comment

What I'm saying is that there is no reason why one of these "trusted" members should be logged out automatically, if, while visiting the members only pages, they also visit (among them) also a "public" page.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes you're right. But in my case, even competitors can disguise themselves as "trusted" members so, I just don't want to give them (competitors) any chance to copy designs. Or should I say make life difficult for them to copy if it can't be avoided. But thanks a lot.

Comment

What I'm saying is that someone that already has the login details, can login in at any time again. So what you are asking is meaningless.
                Navaldesign

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying - make life difficult for them by logging in again and again every time they veer out of secured pages. Sorry, odd isn't it? :)

Thanks again.

Comment

If this is what you want, there is a simple solution:

1. Make the "public" pages php

Add in all public pages, in Start of Page, the following code:

<?php
                    session_start();
                    unset($_SESSION['username']);
                    ?>
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Wow that's great! In this case, I should put the login form in all public pages, right? Thanks!

What about timing out? Like in this forum, I'm being logged out after few minutes.

Comment

No, just put a link to the login page.
                        To automatically be logged out after a ceratin time period you would need to modify both the login page code AND the Protect Page code that exists in all protected pages. Requires some PHP knowledge.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                          No, just put a link to the login page.
                          To automatically be logged out after a ceratin time period you would need to modify both the login page code AND the Protect Page code that exists in all protected pages. Requires some PHP knowledge.
                          - Ouch!

Ok I'll go for the link to login page. Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

Working...
                          X