No announcement yet.

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Hi, I am getting this error when I try to access my website. I can't get to the admin login page. Any ideas??

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Thanks, Diana

Re: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

not enough info.. what website? how did you install it? what is it?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Well i take it it's not your Joomla as thats Here admin logoin is showing to so must be something different.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

She's trying to upgrade her Joomla installation after failing to install a patch.
        If she deleted files manually, it is possible that upon a new Fantastico install a file remains, or a file is missing after being deleted in error.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi,
          Karen, the website is Healing-Well.com. I think it happened after the upgrade thru fantastico.
          AlienDude, wrong site
          Vasilli, I tried installing the patch on a test website and have since deleted it.
          Thanks! Diana

Comment

I had the same problem at www.wowtabards.com. I am using Joomla and had failed to update the past 2 patches. I have since updated and still get the same message.

-Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

I've gone into MySQL and made sure that the database has the proper users and permissions. I have also repaired the joom1 database that it's associated with and still no luck.

I had tried to install wePrintDesign, which is a T-Shirt design script and that's when I encountered the database issue. The site has been dormant for the summer and is still in it's infancy so there isn't much data in there. Is it possible that I delete the DB's and Users and start out fresh? I am also looking at upgrading my process to using Fantastico instead of manually updating. With Fantastico able to get me to the current version of Joomla, I am not opposed to uninstalling it either.

Thanks in advance.

JJ

Comment

I bet uninstalling it then reinstalling it will work. I haven't done that yet but probably will. But I have quite allot of content on mine so am hesitant to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by WoWTabards View Post
                I had the same problem at www.wowtabards.com. I am using Joomla and had failed to update the past 2 patches. I have since updated and still get the same message.

-Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

I've gone into MySQL and made sure that the database has the proper users and permissions. I have also repaired the joom1 database that it's associated with and still no luck.

I had tried to install wePrintDesign, which is a T-Shirt design script and that's when I encountered the database issue. The site has been dormant for the summer and is still in it's infancy so there isn't much data in there. Is it possible that I delete the DB's and Users and start out fresh? I am also looking at upgrading my process to using Fantastico instead of manually updating. With Fantastico able to get me to the current version of Joomla, I am not opposed to uninstalling it either.

Thanks in advance.

JJ
                Use your ftp manager or c-panel and check the file configuration.php that it has all the relevant information for the database. this file should be downloaded before any update or file over wright, as it is the main file that connects the site to the database.
                Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Diajejo View Post
                  I bet uninstalling it then reinstalling it will work. I haven't done that yet but probably will. But I have quite allot of content on mine so am hesitant to do it.
                  If your going to uninstall then reinstall go to your cpanel and export the database to your hard drive then once you have reinstall ( best to download the program from there home site and manualy installing) you can then you can reinstall your old database. if you have added mods to any program then you should install those before you install the database or you may get errors.
                  Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
                  X