Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adding Google +1 Button

Originally posted by Paulk2 View Post
    ... clicking on the HTML Box > right-click "move to front" or "move forward" ......think it may have something to do with using "shapes".
    Yes, Paul .... that is such a "given" in my mind, I miss the opportunity to always remind people to make sure all these things need to be ON TOP, meaning make sure you manually "MOVE TO FRONT" before Saving and Publishing.

LOL! And no, it has nothing to do with using "shapes" ... ya made me smile wide early today!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sorry about that guys, I should have made it a bit more clear, I have updated the article. Click the below and read the last part...

Dont forget to click the like button ;)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Glad you added "How To Add" uisng BlueVoda!!

But ... there seems to be a conflict of exactly where to add the code: in the revised instructions, you mention "Between Head" whereas in Tom's 'Tip' we've all been using successfully here in VodaTalk, it is "End of Body" ....

Also, pasting in the Javascript you show (as does Google by default), this will generate the default style and size button with a counter. I (as many) prefer to "customize" my button using the generator Google provides, and this generates different code and the codex below the generator seems to have different placement instuctions as well.

I have successfully used my custom code on a "Main" page/site as seen HERE, and have also used it successfully for a sub-directory page/site (which requires modifying the code itself with a "href" string) as seen HERE without any problem using the "End of Page" method.

So ... tell me what the real story is so I can edit Tom's Tip, or what to do now??? Thanks!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Yes, Paul .... that is such a "given" in my mind, I miss the opportunity to always remind people to make sure all these things need to be ON TOP, meaning make sure you manually "MOVE TO FRONT" before Saving and Publishing.

LOL! And no, it has nothing to do with using "shapes" ... ya made me smile wide early today!
          Didn't work for me still the same, I had already checked this unfortunately.
          Must be some other reason! I will keep on trying.

www.landscapedepot.co.uk

Thanks

Nigel

Comment

Hey guys - first, let me point out that when you are adding
            a Google+1 Button to a web-page with BlueVoda, the page must
            be published and live on the Internet for the +1 Button to
            appear. You will not see a +1 button in preview mode.

As for where to add the code, there seems to be a little
            confusion...

The code in the article works, with the JavaScript in the
            <head></head> section and the <g:plusone></g:plusone>
            wherever you would like the +1 Button to appear.

This mode of code will add a standard size +1 button to your
            web-page with a count of how many +1's the URL in question
            has (you can specify which URL to +1 on any website page) -
            You can add this code anywhere you like in the page's source
            code without restrictions.

The confusion seems to be coming from the fact that Google
            has been clever and added a way for the Google+1 script to
            load asyn******usly from the rest of the page. Google says
            that this is so that the loading of the +1 button does not
            effect the time that it takes the page to load – Page load
            time is a Google ranking factor, don't forget!

Therefore:

1) If you want a standard size +1 button for your website
            (which +1's the URL http://www.example.com/) without using
            the Asyn******us loading feature

<!-- Place this tag in your head or just before your close body tag -->
            <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>

<!-- Place this tag where you want the +1 button to render -->
            <g:plusone href="http://www.example.com/"></g:plusone>

2) ... same as the above but without the +1 count

<!-- Place this tag in your head or just before your close body tag -->
            <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>

<g:plusone count="false" href="http://www.example.com/"></g:plusone>

3) To add a standard size +1 button that loads
            asyn******usly and saves page-load time, add the below HTML
            to your web-page:

<g:plusone href="http://www.example.com/"></g:plusone>

<!-- Place this tag after the last plusone tag -->
            <script type="text/javascript">
            (function() {
            var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
            po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
            var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
            })();
            </script>

Full details are here: http://code.google.com/apis/+1button/

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry to disappoint but none of those work (for me anyway)

I finally went to get the code again from Google and that doesn't work either.

www.landscapedepot.co.uk

Can't see what else I can do.

Thanks

Nigel

Comment

Thanks for the clarifications, General!

I'm sure nbrown will report back to let us know what works for him. The only other thing I've heard that may be an issue is conflicts with other javascript on the page. To test for that, I'd publish a test page that's a duplicate of the original but removing other javascripts one at a time to see if that solves the problem.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

We cross-posted there.

Comment

Hi guys I already made the tests and as Tom says it looks like is a conflict with other javascript. The reason that I can’t get the button to show up is the light box that I’m using. I tested on another page on the same website and you can see the button here: http://www.housepaintingideas.net/privacy-policy.html and that’s using Tom’s Tip.

Nbrown I looked your web sites and I’ve got a solution for you. On your web http://www.landscapedepot.co.uk/ you have used a light box to display an image in the middle of your page “Rolawn” and another one in your left sidebar “Landscape Depot at Hancock and Brown”. All you have to do is to delete those ones and especially the one in your sidebar because you’ve got it on the every single page and that’s causing the problem of not showing your Google plus button. Give it a try man I’m pretty sure that will work for you just insert your images using the button on the top: “Insert > Image”

Unfortunately that’s not going to work for me as I’ve got interior decorating web sites and they all have light boxes on every single page. I hope some of you guys can find some solution for me as well. Thanks

Nbrown please let as know how you getting on all right

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, vilio. I may be the only person in the world that plusone'd a privacy policy page!

Comment

wow thank you for the discussion:)
                        cosmetology school in lubbock, TX
                        osmetology school in las cruces, NM

Comment

Originally posted by vilio View Post
                          Hi guys I already made the tests and as Tom says it looks like is a conflict with other javascript. The reason that I can’t get the button to show up is the light box that I’m using. I tested on another page on the same website and you can see the button here: http://www.housepaintingideas.net/privacy-policy.html and that’s using Tom’s Tip.

Nbrown I looked your web sites and I’ve got a solution for you. On your web http://www.landscapedepot.co.uk/ you have used a light box to display an image in the middle of your page “Rolawn” and another one in your left sidebar “Landscape Depot at Hancock and Brown”. All you have to do is to delete those ones and especially the one in your sidebar because you’ve got it on the every single page and that’s causing the problem of not showing your Google plus button. Give it a try man I’m pretty sure that will work for you just insert your images using the button on the top: “Insert > Image”

Unfortunately that’s not going to work for me as I’ve got interior decorating web sites and they all have light boxes on every single page. I hope some of you guys can find some solution for me as well. Thanks

Nbrown please let as know how you getting on all right
                          Vilio
                          You have solved this one, I removed all the lightboxes off the page and the button appeared.

www.landscapedepot.co.uk

I tried the same on other pages which display lightboxes and on the stovedepot site, and the plus1 button does not appear.

I am hoping there is a fix for this as some of the most important content I have is on pages including lightboxes.

This shows how important it is to discuss problems on forums.

Well Done!

Many Thanks to Tom as well

Nigel
                          Last edited by nbrown; 08-09-2011, 09:00 AM. Reason: alteration

Comment

I’m glad that you fixed Nbrown and as you said I’m hoping the creators of bluevoda fix that as from now on this button is going to be very important and I want to get it on my pages as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X