X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use your domain name with Googles Gmail webmail service

Using Googles web based Gmail eMail Service with your domain

Google offers a wonderful free service called Google Apps. Google Apps gives everyone who has there own domain top notch Email services, world class spam filtering, online word processing, online spreadsheets, a shared calendaring system and access to a flexible intranet system.

Because Google stores all of the files and content centrally (online), collaboration and document management become far simpler than when distributing files to multiple people and keeping track of different versions.

With a few changes to your DNS configuration, Google apps can closely integrate with your web hosting account here at VodaHost, providing a much more robust web platform based around your existing domain name.

CLICK HERE to create your Google Apps Account...It's 100% Free!

NOTE:
    If you want to use Googles webmail service with your domain name...You must update your MX Records in cPanel....This will have the effect of all your domain name based email going through Googles servers a and you will be able to use Google webmail interface....

How to update Your MX Records in cPanel

1. Log in to your cPanel account.
    2. Click Mail.
    3. Click Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry). A list of your current MX records will appear.
    4. Click Change an MX Entry.
    5. In the Change MX for... field, enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
    6. Click Change.

Congratulations! Your MX records are now configured to point to Google. Keep in mind that changes to MX records may take up to 48 hours to take effect.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Google Apps

Yet another great function with Vodahost

Thankyou
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Re: How to use your domain name with Googles Gmail webmail service

After the MX records point to Google, how do I access my emails? Am I using the entire email address that I had with my domain such as imkingtut1@eneek.com or how do I do it? I need a lot of help here. Thanks

Comment

good addition vodahost...........thanks
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by imkingtut View Post
          After the MX records point to Google, how do I access my emails? Am I using the entire email address that I had with my domain such as imkingtut1@eneek.com or how do I do it? I need a lot of help here. Thanks
          I would assume youd log into your google account and check the mail. When you change the mx records it should go there..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I currently have email for name@name.com, which is hosted in BV, forwarded to a gmail account. How is this different? Thanks for clarification.

Sunset

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post

Google offers a wonderful free service called Google Apps. Google Apps gives everyone who has there own domain top notch Email services, world class spam filtering, online word processing, online spreadsheets, a shared calendaring system and access to a flexible intranet system.

Because Google stores all of the files and content centrally (online), collaboration and document management become far simpler than when distributing files to multiple people and keeping track of different versions.

With a few changes to your DNS configuarion, Google apps can closely integrate with your web hosting account here at VodaHost, providing a much more robust web platform based around your existing domain name.

Click Here to create your Google Apps Account...It's 100% Free!

NOTE:
            If you want to use Googles webmail service with your domain name...You must update your MX Records in cPanel....This will have the effect of all your domain name based email going through Googles servers a and you will be able to use Google webmail interface....

2. Click Mail.
            3. Click Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry). A list of your current MX records will appear.
            5. In the Change MX for... field, enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
            6. Click Change.

Congratulations! Your MX records are now configured to point to Google. Keep in mind that changes to MX records may take up to 48 hours to take effect.

Comment

If your using Gmail for receiving your sites emails then it might be a good idea to download and install this handy Tool which once installed and configured will log you in as soon as your pc is turned on and Notifie you of any emails you have. without open your browser. Note That the notifiecation sound can be changed though the windows c-panel. not sure on mac
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

If you need any help setting up GOOGLE apps for your email>>> Please submit a support ticket >>> www.vodasupport.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

If I switch from using Vodahost-hosted mail (using Squirrel) to the Google Apps mail, will I still see my historic e-mail through Google Apps mail or will that still have to be accessed using Squirrel? I'm obviously concerned about losing access to the old mail if I switch.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

If you need any help setting up GOOGLE apps for your email>>> Please submit a support ticket >>> http://www.VodaSupport.com
                    Be sure to select "Save Copy On Server" in your server-based webmail before linking Gmail access, which will maintain the archive of email received through your Domain on the server's webmail dashboard.

Essentially, it is the same as using Outlook: once email is "polled" (retrieved, 'pulled from') from the server, it will reside in that application's dashboard unless your select "Save a Copy On The Server."
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for that. I have set up the GMail side of things but have a couple of loose ends to tidy up.

I couldn't see options anywhere when I was editing the MX info to keep records (or duplicate records) on the Vodahost server. Can you point me in the right direction to use this option.

In cPanel - Mail - MX editing section - I wasn't sure if I should delete the MX record pointing to my domain name so I have, for the moment, kept it at priority '0', especially as the Google setup procedure told me to add their MX info as priority '1'. Again, can you just confirm what I should do here.

Many thanks

Paul

Comment

CLICK HERE to create your Google Apps Account...It's 100% Free!

NOTE:

2. Click Mail.
                        5. In the Change MX for... field, enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
                        6. Click Change.
                        If you have difficulties with this process, Submit a Ticket to Support and they will happily assist you.
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                        X