This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IE V Firefox

I never posted to have an argument - however no matter what I say, that's how you see it. Never in my posts did I slight your comments - I even asked you to show me links, substantiation.

Here you say that the "professional" abhor FF - maybe some do - who are they - where is the links? I might be swayed, but not just because someone tells me so.

I was in debates from a very young age - and giving my opinion is fine, but it won't win anything. You might not agree with or like Matt Cutts, but he is an authority and therefore I used him to substantiate what I have found. I find Matt Cutts to be a very familiar person to anyone doing webwork - and we are on a webhosting forum - where people are building websites. What Matt Cutts says can be very important to them.

I'd be happy to look at links supporting your insights.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Not everything is posted on the web for all to ponder: I spend at least 3 days a month at Oracle, and a good 10 hours a month in various webinars maintaining my relationships, let alone all the extra reading and "studying" to get up to speed so as to best prepare my own "internet progress" that demonstrates my matriculated abilities.

I am not one known to make things up, or perpetuate anything on behalf of a personal status or perception of prestige/ego....unlike many others here in this 'Community' (IMO). I am old school and consider personal experience even more valuable than much of the dribble other people are printing.

The degree of completion of my personal projects is not the measure of my involvement or an indication of my role with regard to the internet or its development. I am not used to dealing with such clamoring or vain contention, and still see no need to "explain" fully to those who obviously will neither benefit from nor truly need the depth of my personal knowledge, insight, or experience. And....I do not glom on to single inspirations or require comon distributables to base my comprehension upon. Thus, the apparent difference in "styles" I suppose, but certainly not worthy to take issue with prior to responsible contemplation. If you wish to fnd pertinent documentaion online (would that help?), I would suggest becoming personally familiar with the available Whitepapers and project manifests at both Oracle and CISCO...I simply do not have the time or feel it important enough to feel compelled to do so.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Popcorn, anyone?
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I only asked....

Anyway, I have both now and find that I have the need for two as one will do what the other won't and vice versa... does that make sense?
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            I only asked....

Anyway, I have both now and find that I have the need for two as one will do what the other won't and vice versa... does that make sense?
            Yes...it does. That is why for 'VodaTalk Purposes' I keep 6 browsers and run things through them, to make sure I hit all the bases for "common consumer views" : IE, MSN (which is undergoing a major overhaul by MS, and promises to be the 'default replacement' for IE7), AOL, FF, Slim, and ACT.

I personally use Slim for "speed surfing" since it's more robust and 'stable' (IMO), but when it comes to daily business, critical tasks, or universal administration, you'll invaribaly find my nose buried in ACT.

* Another reason I am training myself to become dependent on ACT is the impending release of Vienna, the new OS from MS due out 2008-2009 which is strictly online applications (I stopped mentioning it about 6 months ago -- you think Vista has problems!). I wish to remain independent of needing an online umbilical cord to be able to use my systems, and ACT is the only browser/internet utility that is stand alone, gets upgraded, and is less of a challenge than learning Linux......
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
              Popcorn, anyone?
              Man its gonna ruin dinner!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                Personally, I build in IE and use SlimBrowser to get me around the web (also OS, but much slicker than FireFox, and is not so finnicky). Besides, I can skin it with whatever look I am in the mood for!

The real reason so many of you are "FireFox Fanatics" is because it was the first FREE alternative to IE way-back-when, and not because it was superior in any way whatsoever (which just goes to show you how simple marketing works wonders)!

As a matter of fact, many of the issues FF faces yet today (and provides so much constranation here in VT) have not been resolved effectively to satisfy most professionals on the net, let alone be an obvious constant nuisance to casual users......like the mention of MS updates and many downloads not processing properly -- almost forces one to get a third utility such as IDM just to take care of business!

* One of the first and still the best alternatives to IE which not only is more robust and multi-functional but is also the same foundation many other utilities are based on by sharing/*******ting code is the browser in ACT.....but, this all-in-one tool (admin, email, contact manager, browser, HTML doc preparer, etc.) seems too difficult for the majority of people to learn how to use.
                er no, its not about marketing its about me liking it better and as i said it FF loads pages faster.
                bluerovers
                www.bluerovers.co.nz
                www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

High Five, bluerovers.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...