No announcement yet.

How important are <h1> tags to SE's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How important are &lt;h1&gt; tags to SE's?

You only need a robots file if you have something you need to tell the se's. I don't have one on my most profitable site - as there are no specific instructions I need for the se's on that site. Now, for example, if you do not want the se's to follow some links, or index a page -you need this file to tell them so.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Tx Guys for all your very helpful and prompt advice.

Regards
      Thatchman

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
        Also, I had the same Firefox problem you describe, and I placed this code;

</script>
        <style type="text/css">
        h1 {margin-bottom:0em; margin-top:0em; color: #black; text-align: center; font-family: BlackChancery; font-size: 21px; }
        </style>
        <style type="text/css">

in the page html, between head tag area, and it took care of it, same as John suggested above.
        I also am experiencing drop in FF due to <h1> etc. tags. I tried above script, it worked for h1, but also changed the style of my text menus?

If there is a fix for that, can it also be applied to <h2> and <h3>?

Comment

Originally posted by mwalsh62 View Post
          I also am experiencing drop in FF due to <h1> etc. tags. I tried above script, it worked for h1, but also changed the style of my text menus?

If there is a fix for that, can it also be applied to <h2> and <h3>?
          Yep you can do the same thing for again, but for h2 and etc. just change the h1 to h2 or whatever.Do it for each.
          And I don't exactly know why it would change your menu style,It didn't affect mine, but I think you can change the font and size in the code to whatever yours is, for each, h1 and h2, and etc..

</script>
          <style type="text/css">
          h1 {margin-bottom:0em; margin-top:0em; color: #black; text-align: center; font-family: BlackChancery; font-size: 21px; }
          </style>
          <style type="text/css">

Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
          X