• How to add FLASH to your web page

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: How to add FLASH to your web page

Hi,
    I am back again, after dissapeard a few months.
    My friend asked me in setting up her webbie and decided to use your server. She bought your template a few months ago (June 2006), and likes the Flash version (order ID:q6NPcVpd8fYr1t4dmTjf)
    She will use domain name www.metamorphosisconsulting.nl.

My question:
    1.If she choose your webhosting package for:Annual Billing US$95.40 every 12 months - works out to US$7.95 pmwithout domain name, how much it will be cost? (She has already a domain name, and will transfer it to your server).
    How is the payment, do you have an account in UK?.

2. I got difficulties in adjusting the width and height of the Flash movie and using the form. What kind of support you could give me in using your template?. I am just starting using Flash, so not yet an expert.

Thanks in advance,
    Mega

Comment

Thank you very much for this information.
      I still need more assistance in using your flash template for my friend. I still got difficulties in:
      1. Resizing the width and the height of the flash movie size.
      2. Recently I got problems in registering in to the search engine. The google captured this forum page instead of the right description I put on the meta tag.
      3. Though we bought Flash Template from you, but I suggested to my friend not to host it with you, as your services don't cover transfer domainname.NL. However if you change your regulation, we may consider to use your server in the future.

Your Flash Template is great. It would be much better if you include appropriate name for each layer.

Cheers,
      Mega

Comment

Why does the sound on the tutorials work sometime and not others. Is there something that I am missing?

Comment

It was created with narration (voice-overs). In other words, there is no voice, just click sounds inserted by the capturing tool.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR
            It was created with narration (voice-overs). In other words, there is no voice, just click sounds inserted by the capturing tool.
            Typing error...It was not created with narration (voice-overs). In other words, there is no voice, just click sounds inserted by the capturing tool.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

How to show the flash Menu?

hallo guys,if someone knows what should i do if i want to show menu button
              (Play,stop) in Flash Video? Cause there's no skin on the flash video? Thank You very much

Comment

Flash is Flash, and video is WAV, MPG, and AVI formats .... tell me where to make "Flash videos" and I'm there!

You would be better off first understanding that Flash is a script, and video files are a series of frames that play at a defined speed to resemble a movie....as a script, Flash runs automatically, and is not meant to be User-operated (unlike video, which is a "playable file").

You can, however, convert Flash to video, and even convert video to Flash (to be used as a script, as would animation be used for an effect), but you will need to use a special editor to do so, and finding one that is truly capable and Free is not quite that easy: most of the time you need to be very specific in the output files you are requesting to find free ones that really work well.

But, as a start, take a look at these converters I recommend.

* I would suggest you read as much supporting documentation available regarding the process and techniques of converting video and Flash, if at least to avoid some of the common snags and mistakes yourself...
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I followed the instructions as was shown in tutorial video. Did not work for me.
                  I use Sotnik Video encoder for Adobe flash.
                  So, is there other way I can insert .swf file into my page ? or I should start looking for html codes?
                  thanks

Comment

Thanks for the explanation and your reccomended Link Vasili.

Comment

Originally posted by yourgmsolutions View Post
                      I followed the instructions as was shown in tutorial video. Did not work for me. I use Sotnik Video encoder for Adobe flash. So, is there other way I can insert .swf file into my page ? or I should start looking for html codes? thanks
                      It is obvious you did not review the Tutorial, for had you done so you would have seen the part where you FTP up your SWF file and enter the URL of that file to the "Flash Box" you create on your page....

Originally posted by deni View Post
                      Thanks for the explanation and your reccomended Link Vasili.
                      No problem, Deni!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        It is obvious you did not review the Tutorial, for had you done so you would have seen the part where you FTP up your SWF file and enter the URL of that file to the "Flash Box" you create on your page....
                        I watched the video, it did not showed anywhere about part where you FTP up your SWF file and enter the URL. It showed inserting it from your local c: folder. that what got me confused.
                        then as you said, I entered URL address and everything is fine. so, thanks for clearing this up.
                        however, I have another question. even I unchecked autostart option, but video still starts to play when page is open. can you help me with that? I did not posted that page yet. I was just checking it in the preview browser. you think that was the problem?
                        thanks

Comment

Flash will "autostart" and run and stop.....that is why when using Flash as a header, for example, the script needs to be really timed well, so it's not too fast, or weirdly slow ... before looping.

No way to insert a delayed play action unless you build into the front end of the "file", because unlike a video, Flash is not "user interactive" (no start and stop buttons). So, just remember that flash will begin as soon as loaded and either play as created to the end or as a loop: add time to the front end if needed, but make sure the timing is smooth throughout the file, looped or not.

PS: Am surprised the FTP process is not mentioned.....seems to me to be a critical part of getting the whole thing to "work" doesn't it?? <sorry!>

Comment

got it. thank you for advice, because I spent a lots of time researching all this. and nowhere was mentioned about what you just said. now it makes perfect sense to me.
                            thanks again

Comment

I inserted a flash file onto my page but when i preview the page it is hiding my menu bar. I wanted to know how do I send it to the back so my menu will show up.
                              I have already tried sending to back/front and nothing.

Riccii

Comment

Working...
                              X