X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adding JAlbum to BV

Originally posted by feyza View Post
    Hey,

Does anybody know if JAlbum supports .gif files??

Jalbum reads JPEG, GIF and PNG image files. TIFF, BMP and JPEG 2000
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Jalbum reads JPEG, GIF and PNG image files. TIFF, BMP and JPEG 2000
      Chris,
      I have two questions
      1-Do you know why nothing is seen as I drop the gif images to JAlbum?
      2-I have created so many albums but in JAlbum's FTP window I can see just 4 of them...Also in BlueFTP I can see just 4 of them..Where're the others?It uploads a new album and then I can't find where it is...Do you know why I can't see the rest??
      Feyza

www.sesan.org
      Self Representing Art Workers

Comment

Hi, i am still practicing with JAlbum. But i have noticed that for some reason it dosnt always like giff images that have been converted from other files like jpg, & with some skins it prefers NOT to use drag & drop. Also! it wont take animated giff's
        On the 2nd part, i can only assume that all of the files havnt been ftp'ed Its worth using another FTP program if you have one available. Or are you publishing straight from jalbum to your server.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Hi, i am still practicing with JAlbum. But i have noticed that for some reason it dosnt always like giff images that have been converted from other files like jpg, & with some skins it prefers NOT to use drag & drop. Also! it wont take animated giff's
          On the 2nd part, i can only assume that all of the files havnt been ftp'ed Its worth using another FTP program if you have one available. Or are you publishing straight from jalbum to your server.
          Chris,
          I'm publishing straight from JAlbum and you know I'm using BlueFTP and the published files are not seen..I can open the files with the browser but I can't see in the FTP. And you have any idea in BlueFTP why I can see just 1998 objects in public_html?
          Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Originally posted by feyza View Post
            Chris,
            I'm publishing straight from JAlbum and you know I'm using BlueFTP and the published files are not seen..I can open the files with the browser but I can't see in the FTP. And you have any idea in BlueFTP why I can see just 1998 objects in public_html?
            Hi Feyza!

When you publish a .gif picture throught JAlbum in to your FTP it should not be a problem, but i know for a fact that not every SKIN are good.
            Some of them handle all pic formats good and some skins do not.
            So you have to test different skins to check out the best skin.

TIP: This how i did it

1) I built 4 albums with 4 different skins.
            2) In each album i put in 4 small pictures with the 4 formats (jpeg,png,bmp,gif)
            3) Then i saved each album as a stand alone album (1alb,2alb,3alb,4alb).
            4) Then i published all 4 albums.
            5) Then i tested all albums by putting in and delete pictures.(size,format)

This is the best way of testing skins and how they handle the picture formats and how fast they are build/rebuild in thoose skins.
            By doing it like this i could determ witch album are the best for me.

Hopefully you understood my explanation.
            Regards Supermax
            I don`t speak English,i speak Swedish.If you don`t understand my English you can ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermax View Post
              Hi Feyza!

When you publish a .gif picture throught JAlbum in to your FTP it should not be a problem, but i know for a fact that not every SKIN are good.
              Some of them handle all pic formats good and some skins do not.
              So you have to test different skins to check out the best skin.

TIP: This how i did it

1) I built 4 albums with 4 different skins.
              2) In each album i put in 4 small pictures with the 4 formats (jpeg,png,bmp,gif)
              3) Then i saved each album as a stand alone album (1alb,2alb,3alb,4alb).
              4) Then i published all 4 albums.
              5) Then i tested all albums by putting in and delete pictures.(size,format)

This is the best way of testing skins and how they handle the picture formats and how fast they are build/rebuild in thoose skins.
              By doing it like this i could determ witch album are the best for me.

Hopefully you understood my explanation.
              Regards Supermax

Hi Supermax,

Thanx I'll try that.It sounds logic...By the way my English is not perfest either...I'm Turkish...So don't worry...=)
              Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Working...
              X