Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page size

Hi,

My site is pubished as follows www.coochy-coo.co.uk but when viewed from different people on different computers it comes up different sizes usually way too big, even though it looks the right size on my browser, how do I make it so that the apge looks the same size on all browsers please?

Cheers,
    Tony

Re: page size

Hello,

Can anyone help with this, is there a way to resize the page so it appears the same for all please?
    Do I need to go back and resize all the pages manually to fit browser windows?

tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

Your web pages are far too wide for my screen.

You have basically made your website too wide. You should not make a site according to the size of YOUR screen as you are now seeing everyone has different sizes.

What you should have done is kept your site build under 100 wide (preferably 940-980) by setting this in the page properties and by also using the available guide borders within the builder.

I am afraid your only option now is to bring everything in (width) or completely remake again.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Much appreciated, thanks will start resizing.

Cheers,
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tonygittins View Post
          Much appreciated, thanks will start resizing.

Cheers,
          Tony
          Also... make sure you start your web page as far over to the left as is possible. and then in the page properties check the 'centre in browser' box.

So if you decide to make your site 980 wide then starting from the very left you can go across with your banner 980 wide and then build down from there. Good luck with it
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you very much, have resized.

Comment

Originally posted by tonygittins View Post
              Thank you very much, have resized.
              Hi, you need to use the page properties as suggested to around 800 to 1000. Or it will never be center in all browsers.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Ramsey, Robin here in the desert. I find I have two of the same hyperlinks on my Home page. One is so far over to the right I cannot access the link to delete it. It shows up published, but I can't access the link to make changes. (A horizontal scroll bar would help.) Is it too due to my page size?? www.lookingformymojo.com

Comment

Yes.

Reset your page height in PAGE PROPERTIES to at least 100 lines longer than you think you need, just to make it easier to get your groove going on without having to constantly stop and start.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Probably Page width ? since he is asking for a "horizontal" scrollbar ? and talking about something to the right part of the screen ?
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Both my pages are 899 wide x 600 high. Why would I change the height and not shorten the width? I still can't access the second link to remove it. I need to adjust my width no? I'm a rookie...........not sure of what would be the norm for page properties. Thanks for the hand-holding........

Comment

You are saying, in your post" I can't access the link that is far to the right".

So we replied: Go in Page properties, make it large 2000, so you will be able to access and delete that link.

Obviously, after deleting, you should set again the width to its normal value.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes - I cannot access the link to the right. I thought I mentioned I was a 'rookie'. Although most of this is logical to me some of these processes are not. Vasili stated to make my lines 100 lines longer adjusting my page height not width. He did not mention 2000. I do not know how the height will change the width, but I will go on your advice.

Comment

There was a misunderstanding, I believe thatVasili also meant to increase the page WIDTH, in order to be able to access the link you had to the right.
                            I repeat: increase it, delete the link, then set back the width to the correct number (whatever you have built the page in)
                            Navaldesign

Comment

It was already done prior to your last post. It didn't make sense to increase the height so I increased the width, deleted it, resized, moved things about and republished. Thanks for your help - I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X