Vista and BV WebPage builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista and BV WebPage builder

First let me apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I just got a new laptop that has Vista OS and want to transfer my BVbuilder to it. I didn't notice where I could choose a platform and only saw WinXP. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

Don't transfer it, just go online on your laptop and download it again. Then if you want you can transfer your files over. However, be warned that you can only sensibly make a site on one pc at a time, don't keep transferring it back and forth from laptop to pc or you will get problems.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hello,

If you have Vista you should be able to create a PUBLIC DRIVE which allows your laptop to get the files from your Vista computer.

If you have it setup that way your main files would be set up on the Vista computer and when you go on XP you can just open the drive and get them, the good thing is that they would be in the same location so when you publish or look at your editable page there will be no errors on the images or files.

You can also just log in your FTP and transfer them to your Vista computer. But first re-download the program.
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
        Don't transfer it, just go online on your laptop and download it again. .
        I didn't notice a Vista version. Will the XP version work on the Vista laptop?
        Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
          Hello,

If you have Vista you should be able to create a PUBLIC DRIVE which allows your laptop to get the files from your Vista computer.

If you have it setup that way your main files would be set up on the Vista computer and when you go on XP you can just open the drive and get them, the good thing is that they would be in the same location so when you publish or look at your editable page there will be no errors on the images or files.

You can also just log in your FTP and transfer them to your Vista computer. But first re-download the program.
          Gosh, I've got so much to learn, I've never had a laptop, consequently I'm not familiar with wireless features. It took me 5 days to get online because I thought the wireless router I had would work but I ended up having to buy another. Then there's Vista, its so different from XP and so is the software that came with the Acer laptop. Its exciting learning new things at my age (soon2B60 yrs old) LOL. Thanks Jeremy for all your help, where can I find BV's Vista verson to download to laptop?

Comment

Yes. All XP programs should work on Vista unless noted otherwise.

VodaHost should make users more aware.
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by pristinelife View Post
              Gosh, I've got so much to learn, I've never had a laptop, consequently I'm not familiar with wireless features. It took me 5 days to get online because I thought the wireless router I had would work but I ended up having to buy another. Then there's Vista, its so different from XP and so is the software that came with the Acer laptop. Its exciting learning new things at my age (soon2B60 yrs old) LOL. Thanks Jeremy for all your help, where can I find BV's Vista verson to download to laptop?
              To be 60 and this advanced in technology, I salute you! [IMG]file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                To be 60 and this advanced in technology, I salute you!
                Hey, hey, hey, Jeremy! 60's the new 40, lol. Anyways, an older dog can learn new tricks.
                Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Technically programs that will run on XP should run on Vista, but some programs that should won't run on all computers running Vista. Some people don't have any problems running their old programs, other do.

But Vista is designed to be backwards compatible with software that predates it.

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I can confirm that there is software that runs on XP and cannot run on Vista. Rhino is a good example of this category as it will create problems (though it does run). Hardlock protected software may also have problems unless you get a updated driver for the lock.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                    X