Please comment and help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please comment and help

I'm new in this forum. I made my Web site and published it. could anyone rate it. but it's not complete yet. actually only the ABOUT IRAN part is finished.

Also I have a question about the Video (.wmv file) in the Home page...Why does it show nothing?

www.iranianpride.net

Re: Please comment and help

Its not a good idea to publish pages with unmade links, you will be penalised by any search engines that finds your site.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

excuse me, I didn't understand, what you mean by UNMADE LINKS. Can you explain it.

And can you tell me, what is wrong with the Video on my HOME PAGE.

Comment

What David meant was that your menu buttons are not working or that not linked correctly. It shows as page not found. My advise to you is read up on the tutorials on how to link pages if it is done not correct. My advise to you is get them working and then come back to this thread and then ask for a review.
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

good advice Joe................Keep tickling me every day.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi, your pages are off center with side scroll. You need to build your pages from the far left of your BV screen & use page properties to center everything in your browser.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your photo gallery page is huge: even with a broadband connection it takes forever to download. The page is 5485kb, so you should get it down to,say 300kb max (many people would say even smaller). Optimise your images for the web, and if necessary have fewer images on the page.
              http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

I would suggest Not Duplicating the first two paragraphs on your index page onto your overview page of about Iran. I feel the overview will work just fine starting with the paragraph......."Iran is home to one of the world's......" and removing the two paragraphs above it. And your viewer will not feel like they have already read it and miss the last paragraph with all its interesting content.
                Karen Williams
                Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by proactivator View Post
                  Your photo gallery page is huge: even with a broadband connection it takes forever to download. The page is 5485kb, so you should get it down to,say 300kb max (many people would say even smaller). Optimise your images for the web, and if necessary have fewer images on the page.
                  Yes I agree. Home page took much to long to load and I use broadband also. You have some little images on the right hand side are way to big for what they are. You need to use a picture sizer (I don't mean using the picture handles), some kind of picture editor where you can size the image to the correct dimensions and then insert them into BV.

Looks good though

Darren

Comment

Thank you for your Comments and Helps.

I try to solve these problems as soon as I can.

Comment

Nice change in what I noted...I like your way better!
                      Karen Williams
                      Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Critics please!

It's finally finished. Can You give your Opinion about my Website?

I changed a lot og things in my Pages, after useful suggestions of few members. The News Page is new.

Thanks.

www.iranianpride.net

Comment

Re: Critics please!

HI sz0%z920
                          I did not get much of a chance to look through the site because it takes so long to load... Maybe you have to many media components on the index page, causing it to load slowly... Doug

Comment

Re: Critics please!

If you took out the two massive adverts for BlueVoda and the "What do you think of this Website" poll you only have a short description (or mission statement) of what you're trying to do, a Windows Media Player that takes so long to do whatever it's supposed to do that the audience gives up and something else about a movie (I think) that has 4 very large red spots on it.

I think your site actually looked better before the last changes.

Personally, if I had an advert on my homepage for BlueVoda - I would have it at the bottom or side of the page and a lot smaller.

I would also move the feedback form to it's own page and have small links to it from other pages.

Depending on what you're trying to do with the Media Player, possibly move it to a place that is not on the entry point to your website because it is taking an impossibly long time to load..

As for the red dots, you've got me beat. I just can't understand that at all.

In summary, I think you need to keep your entry point clean and simple and fast loading. Let your audience know what you're doing and provide the nitty gritty on spe******t pages within your website.
                            www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                            www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                            www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Opinions about my Site

It's finally finished. Can You give your Opinion about my Website?

I changed a lot of things in my Pages, after useful suggestions of few members. The News Page is new.

Thanks.

www.iranianpride.net

Comment

Working...
                              X