Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well will link submission increase my page rank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well will link submission increase my page rank?

I spent the last few days submitting to directories. An I doing this right? How soon will this increas my page rank and show up as backlinks?

I submittrd to over 500 directories. Here are ny results so far.

DETAILED SUMMARY:
    Listed PR:22PR 1:5PR 2:23PR 3:28PR 4:19PR 5:4PR 6:2PR 7:0PR 8:0PR 9:0PR 10:0
    Submitted, not listed yet PR:31PR 1:57PR 2:87PR 3:128PR 4:91PR 5:40PR 6:1PR 7:1PR 8:0PR 9:0PR 10:0
    Thanks!

http://www.tysoneducationalsystems.com/
    tyson

Re: How well will link submission increase my page rank?

tyson..

Those numbers mean what to who and how? detailed summary of what? How are you submitting to these directories? I hope its not with one of those damn blaster things. You dont want in BAD LINK FARMED directories.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply KarenMac,

I used a program called Fast Directory Submitter. I Manually submitted and chose which directory to submite to and which catagory. Ten Program does an autofill on each form, making it much faster. The numbers are the google ranking of the directory. PR=0, PR1=1, PR2=2, the higher the ranking the better. I submitted to the pro's at first and the realized I was better off submitting to the higher ranking PRs. I 've been listed at 100 so far, that leaves 400 more to make a decision. You can see the PR ranking of those listed and not yet listed on my previous post. I was hoping someone could give me more advice on how to proceed and what results to expect and when.

I also saw your mention of StatCounter and started using it. I get valuable info from it. Thanks!!

tyson

Comment

And that autofill means that you put the same thing in each directory - which means it was NOT a manual submission. As to the ranking of the directory- is the directory related to your site in some way? If not the links are not valuable anyway.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
          And that autofill means that you put the same thing in each directory - which means it was NOT a manual submission. As to the ranking of the directory- is the directory related to your site in some way? If not the links are not valuable anyway.

Thanks Bethers!!

I could type in more than one description and the program would alternate the descriptions. I also would select the topic to be included under. If it did not appear to be a directory that was relevant to my site I skipped it and did not submit. I hope I didn't waste my time. I have seen many submission services, for the money they want they have to use an automated system (even if they say they don't) and you don't know what the pr rankings are or how well your site would fit in. So I decided to do it myself and control my submissions and select the topic I thought best suited my site. I have read many places that submitting ti directories will help your rank. I appreciate all the comments I get, Thanks!!

tyson

Comment

Personally, if i dont visit EVERY directory and like what i see I dont submit. Youre better off with four good qualifying relevant links than 200 off the wall ones. And dont just paint PR as the reason for a link. It has to be RELEVANT and USEFUL to anyone using it to find your link. If its for the SE alone you will LOSE every time.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              Personally, if i dont visit EVERY directory and like what i see I dont submit. Youre better off with four good qualifying relevant links than 200 off the wall ones. And dont just paint PR as the reason for a link. It has to be RELEVANT and USEFUL to anyone using it to find your link. If its for the SE alone you will LOSE every time.

Karen
              Thaks Karen Mac!

I was looking for some honests thoughts on this topic. I'll work on that. Can you give me an exanple of a relevant and useful directory.

Again, thanks alot!

tyson

Comment

Tyson

Id really like to give you some examples but your link to your site goes to vodahost search hits instead of your page..

So.. ill make some assumptions that you sell educational software of some sort.

What would be relevant to that ? Well I dont think youd want in a gift directory, or one that sells spas, merchant services B2B services.. where might you be relevant to make the most impact for the searcher?

How about Home Schooling directories and supplies, teachers associations, educational boards.. maybe educational toys, parents as teachers groups, pta associations, maybe could even stretch to software in general.. since i cant see your site or even surmise your product or trend.. these are just best guesses. What do your buyers search for when you make a sale.. that will give you a clue of relevancy and where you want found.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen,

Sorry about my link. It must have gotten corrupted in my clipboard. I think I have it fixed.

So I guess a directory that covers hundreds of topics is not the place to submit.
                  tyson

Comment

Well, there are exceptions to that - if the directory is very clearly organized. Like the best directory to be in is the OPD (Open Project Directory) - but it can be difficult to get in.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                      Well, there are exceptions to that - if the directory is very clearly organized. Like the best directory to be in is the OPD (Open Project Directory) - but it can be difficult to get in.

Thanks Bethers,

I've looked at OPD and I'll give it a try.
                      tyson

Comment

Working...
                      X