Bluevoda Members Club up for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bluevoda Members Club up for review

Nice idea David .. I have the same, and welcome you to join as well ..
    although, I'm not as smart as you, lol .. mine is free ..
    But I have a ton of things to contribute as well, all in time my friend.
    I welcome your input and anyone elses, as well, on my forum ...
    http://www.bluevodachat.com

thanks ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi David,

I really like the changes to colours and the addition of the character. A couple of things, well several really:
      1. Those who do not wish to subscribe link was cute but took a long time to load
      2. I was sucked in at 'contact us' form. I tried to test it (like you always do) but found that it wasn't actually a real form as it stated underneath.
      3. Typo on 'Login now' and 'remember me' underneath is too close on download/scripts page
      4. Change password was cut off by boxes in back ground, same page as above
      5. I didn't like the fact I couldn't find a 'Home' link when I went inside to take me back out.
      6. Photos of Lady eye and other web professionals are fine in context of forum but probably need to be more polished for the external world. Sorry, just my humble opinion.

At my level, I think it needs to be clearer for beginner audience. Tutorial on FTP to entice novices to sign up was too advanced for me.

Just a few thoughts, fortunately I couldn't find any mustard colour in this one.
      If you have time could you please offer me some feedback on whether my bullet points and paypal buttons apear to be aligned in your browser?
      Kind regards
      Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

Originally posted by nosweatfinance View Post
        6. Photos of Lady eye and other web professionals are fine in context of forum but probably need to be more polished for the external world. Sorry, just my humble opinion.

OKAY, can you shine me up like a new penny, LOL ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
          Wsblue

Thanks for your feedback from the demo form..............you didnt leave your email address, so to answer you.

You can join now here. I am adding new free items and advice every day.
          I did leave my email in the demo form. Probably your form failed to generate the email. You might want to check why it failed.

Comment

Wasn't going to say anything but as you have the ghoul to have a paid subscription then maybe I will. Well to be honest the hole thing looks like you have been doing websites for 5mins and are just trying to cash in on the bluevoda name and the ranking that it pulls. The layout on some pages over laps the text and thing just seem to be all over the place, that annoying sliding menu script is totally naff in this case as you should know that they move depending on the width off the screen that the viewer has got, so on a 800x600 it covers a lot and on the flash pages ( which by the way don't work here lots of errors) you can't even see the menu as again you should now flash is always on top.
            Navigation is a nightmare got lost three time,
            Forms page don't get it. Apart from the 5 errors showing on the loading of the page, a bit of creativity would not have gone a miss.
            Showcase room looks ok apart from there's no links on the banners.
            Beginners room you have two different links on different pages one goes to a mouse over effect slow but ok, the the other goes to a page that has youtube, I personally hate sites that do this, ok it's fine if your showing a music vid or something, but for demonstrating products or showing items like your own videos on your own site/sites, just beats me why people would want youtube stuck all over their pages.
            Last thing for know why you use gmail and not the sites email.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Ouch.. thats gonna leave a mark.

But in honesty, he doesnt claim to be a designer, just a scripter, but you are right.. navigation needs to be simple and easy. Lots of folks make Utubes these days for site promotion as well. Its available for clicking on utube itself and does drive traffic to sites, sometimes LOTS of it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Also.. I dont think its necessarily a bad thing to charge for membership.. he could charge by the script... and sometimes people can and DO hound you for your time. Free forums are nice too..

Although as a result of forums.. you should see my email at times..LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by nosweatfinance View Post
                  Hi David,

I really like the changes to colours and the addition of the character. A couple of things, well several really:
                  1. Those who do not wish to subscribe link was cute but took a long time to load
                  2. I was sucked in at 'contact us' form. I tried to test it (like you always do) but found that it wasn't actually a real form as it stated underneath.

I have checked and redone the form, so it should now be working.......thanks

3. Typo on 'Login now' and 'remember me' underneath is too close on download/scripts page
                  4. Change password was cut off by boxes in back ground, same page as above

Corrected your items 3 & 4 above..........can you tell me which browser you use ? I use Opera, so things may look a little different.

5. I didn't like the fact I couldn't find a 'Home' link when I went inside to take me back out.

Will correct this shortly.............

I take your point, but this is not for the external world. This club is for Bluevoda users and I think that they have seen the same photos many times before.

If there are any better photos, I will willingly change them.

At my level, I think it needs to be clearer for beginner audience. Tutorial on FTP to entice novices to sign up was too advanced for me.

Working on this one...............point taken.

Just a few thoughts, fortunately I couldn't find any mustard colour in this one.
                  If you have time could you please offer me some feedback on whether my bullet points and paypal buttons apear to be aligned in your browser?
                  I will take a look and get back to you.

Thank you for your time and the useful comments
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                    Nice idea David .. I have the same, and welcome you to join as well ..
                    although, I'm not as smart as you, lol .. mine is free ..
                    But I have a ton of things to contribute as well, all in time my friend.
                    I welcome your input and anyone elses, as well, on my forum ...
                    http://www.bluevodachat.com

thanks ..
                    Hi Holly
                    Joined your forum yesterday and will be popping in from time to time.

Thanks for your comments.
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
                      I did leave my email in the demo form. Probably your form failed to generate the email. You might want to check why it failed.
                      Hi wsblue
                      I have so many forms around that I tend to copy and paste now and again, serves me right...........Have now correct that form on the subscribe page.

Thanks for the heads up.
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by Alien Dude View Post
                        Wasn't going to say anything but as you have the ghoul to have a paid subscription then maybe I will.

If you had taken the time and trouble to READ all of my replies to previous posts you would have seen that the small annual subscription will be used to supply MORE FREE downloads for the paying members.

Well to be honest the hole (spelt whole) thing looks like you have been doing websites for 5mins and are just trying to cash in on the bluevoda name and the ranking that it pulls.

That one made me laugh, I have been around these forums far longer than you mate and besides, read my bio...........Who needs money when you live on a Yacht in sunny Palma de Mallorca !!

The layout on some pages over laps the text and thing just seem to be all over the place,

Now thats more useful to know.......could you expand on that a little please.

that annoying sliding menu script is totally naff in this case as you should know that they move depending on the width off the screen that the viewer has got, so on a 800x600 it covers a lot and on the flash pages ( which by the way don't work here lots of errors) you can't even see the menu as again you should now flash is always on top.

You may well have a valid point there, and as I am still trying different things out, I have taken that on board.

Working on it..............thanks

Forms page don't get it. Apart from the 5 errors showing on the loading of the page,

I maybe able to correct those 5 errors if you let me know what they were.

a bit of creativity would not have gone a miss.

Every banner on the SHOWCASE site has a little house (home page!) linked back to the displayed site.

Beginners room you have two different links on different pages one goes to a mouse over effect slow but ok,

The above was original and was changed to accomodate a previous reply in this thread.

the the other goes to a page that has youtube, I personally hate sites that do this, ok it's fine if your showing a music vid or something, but for demonstrating products or showing items like your own videos on your own site/sites, just beats me why people would want youtube stuck all over their pages.

You are entitled to your opinion and as the utube video is aimed at the complete beginner, then I thought it worthwhile to try it out.
                        I will let the viewers decide.

The last one is none of your business

Thanks for taking the time and for your comments
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                          Also.. I dont think its necessarily a bad thing to charge for membership.. he could charge by the script... and sometimes people can and DO hound you for your time. Free forums are nice too..

Although as a result of forums.. you should see my email at times..LOL

Karen
                          Hi Karen
                          Thanks for popping in.

You are quite right, scripts and more important, installation, takes up a great deal of time.

I also intend to BUY IN small useful scripts that members will have the right to use without all those messy adverts.

Thanks again Karen for your comments and point of view.
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

For some reason you seem to have taken the comments a bit to much to heart, as a seasoned forum member of the vodahost forum i do not pull punches and say it as it is. thats why i do not post in the Customer Website Reviews as it mainly has newbies getting their feet wet. which is good and the last thing they want is me tell them how it really is.
                            but i did think you as a seasoned member would be able to take it on the chin. if i offended you in anyway then i apologize this is about the site and not you personally.
                            that being said i have replied to your reply hope this more explains on some points.

Originally Posted by Alien Dude
                            Wasn't going to say anything but as you have the ghoul to have a paid subscription then maybe I will.

If you had taken the time and trouble to READ all of my replies to previous posts you would have seen that the small annual subscription will be used to supply MORE FREE downloads for the paying members. Good point

Well to be honest the hole (spelt whole)sorry about that I work hard at my dislexia.
                            thing looks like you have been doing websites for 5mins and are just trying to cash in on the bluevoda name and the ranking that it pulls.

That one made me laugh, I have been around these forums far longer than you mate and besides, read my bio..... AH I AN'T YOUR MATE AND CHECK YOUR FACTS.

The layout on some pages over laps the text and thing just seem to be all over the place,

Now thats more useful to know.......could you expand on that a little please. Scripts.php the words Change your Password and Forgot Password have a boarder going though it. and a little bit on the index page looks like the links Enter Here and Complete Beginners have split wording on to lines. Might be the intension.

that annoying sliding menu script is totally naff in this case as you should know that they move depending on the width off the screen that the viewer has got, so on a 800x600 it covers a lot and on the flash pages ( which by the way don't work here lots of errors) you can't even see the menu as again you should now flash is always on top.

You may well have a valid point there, and as I am still trying different things out, I have taken that on board. Cool

Working on it..............thanks Cool

Forms page don't get it. Apart from the 5 errors showing on the loading of the page,

I maybe able to correct those 5 errors if you let me know what they were.
                            Errors showing on lines 170, 265, 426, 581, 641 all pointing to javascript error in the validation script. Result the validation popup don't work and email is sent.

a bit of creativity would not have gone a miss.

Every banner on the SHOWCASE site has a little house (home page!) linked back to the displayed site. Thanks for pointing that out would never have found it.

Beginners room you have two different links on different pages one goes to a mouse over effect slow but ok,
                            the the other goes to a page that has youtube, I personally hate sites that do this, ok it's fine if your showing a music vid or something, but for demonstrating products or showing items like your own videos on your own site/sites, just beats me why people would want youtube stuck all over their pages.
                            You are entitled to your opinion and as the utube video is aimed at the complete beginner, then I thought it worthwhile to try it out.
                            I will let the viewers decide.
                            I have nothing against the use of youtube in it's self on their site directing people to your or anyone elses site. But why have a youtube screen on your site sending them back again “got them their keep them their” if you made the tutorial then you have the software to do video screen capture and depend on which you use, use that to get it on your page.

The last one is none of your businessonly asked
                            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Our Favorite Alien "officially" joined VodaTalk a couple months before you and I did, David .... (he was allowed to change his Online Name recently due to certain circumstances), and his expertise is very well-known, as is his readiness to assist others.
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi David,

It's certainly hotting up on this link.

I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 for my browser. Laptop loaded with Vista.

The d on password is still slightly caught in white background lines. I will send you a screenshot.
                                Kind regards
                                Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

Working...
                                X