This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell A Friend Script

I can't find any of the script pages in your site. You have probably made your own pages. So i can't know what mistakes you might have done.

Please read again the instructions, and follow them to the letter.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval,

I think this may be a bit more for me that I originally thought. I'll try to work on it when I get more time.
      I appeciate your time to look at my issue.

m-ania
      www.chandagiftstudio.com

Comment

Hi Naval,

No questions or dramas ... just give yourself a pat on the back!

I downloaded your zip file, followed your instructions and guess what???

It Works ... Just like you said it should!!!

I've only put it on my .ws site at present.

Thanks for writing the script as this is a great little feature to help "spread the word".

Cheers,
        Mark Barnes

mvb@tsn.cc
        www.futuristicpromotions.com

Comment

This Tell a Friend message is very helpful. But, I'm having a problem on Step 2. I don't quite understand. I went on my File Manager, (Windows Explorer) and I can't find any option to upload anywhere.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Picture Perfect Totes

Comment

You can't upload with Windows explorer. Use your favourite FTP software. Blue FTP is just fine. Browse your computer to find the files (you must first unzip the downloaded zip, saving the files somewhere on your computer) , then upload them on your site
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Again. I found the BlueFTP and uploaded my file.
              Now, I'm having trouble with my TAF button page that I downloaded. I already unzipped them and pulled them into BV. When I open the page, there are only boxes with red x's in them. I can't see what the button looks like.
              Can you help me again?

Thanks for all of your help.
              Picture Perfect Totes

Comment

Please provide a link to look at..
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks again. I tested it and I got it to work!
                  But one thing. When I tested it, I keyed in the email information and then I clicked the "close" button, and it closed off the whole entire website.
                  How do I make it to where it just closes the email page and they stay on the website?

Thanks for all your help again.

Picture Perfect Totes

Comment

Hi Naval,

The spam menu pops up when I click the "Tell a friend" button.

Just enquire, we can't key the "@" for email address? The spam notice says "
                    No user input @, http or www are allowed.
                    Please go back to the form and edit your input!

Pls help. Thank you very much.
                    Cheers,
                    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
                    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

Can you please provide a link to the page with yourTAF button ? so i can have a look ?

Seems strange.... so i have to see this.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval,

Just an elaboration, what I meant is that the "Spam Menu" popout after I have completed filling up the details (i.e. my name, my email, friend's name & friend's email) and pressed "tell a friend" button.

The link is @ my main page www.BabyandPapa.com.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply!
                        Cheers,
                        Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Please use my contact form and send me your TAF.php file, there must be something wrong with it.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George,

Thank you for solving the 'mystery' of the spam msg! And thank you for modifying the TAF file for me.

Nice day to you!

Regards,
                            Eric
                            Cheers,
                            Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Hi George,

Sorry to trouble you once again.

I hv tried to insert the link #" onClick="window.open('TAFform.html', '','width=310,height=170'); return false;" into a picture inside my forum (i'm using vBulletin); so that when being clicked it will pop-out the mini tell a friend form; but it doesn't seems to work.

Are there any special codes for the use of attachment of the link to a picture/ photos?

Thank you.

Cheers,
                              Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

Comment

Not sure if you can do it, forum scripts usually assign their own targets to links.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X