This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Ok, we will see what the problem is later.

Bye
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I was ftp'ing the new file but it would not overwrite until I deleted the old file.
      I think all is working well now.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Hi there naval

I have followed your installation inst' and all went well until I tried to open the link as you listed in step 8

here is what I received
        Not Found

The requested URL /ABVFP/dbts_install.php was not found on this server.
        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
        Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.limpopo-nsk.ru Port 80 I have no idea what I might have done wrong. Thanks

Comment

Hi there again Naval

It seems like some of the permissions where off.
          It seems o.k. now

Thanks anyway

Comment

Hello again

It seems like nothing goes smoothly with this proess ...

I have created the database with its user and all but when submiting the data into the instalation form it allways results in a error message

"Could not connect to the Database Server. Please check user details !"

And I have checked all the details over and over again but it allways end up the same

Do I need to wait a while before submiting a new database or what?

Victor

Comment

Hm...
              Did you consider the fact that CP adds your Control Panel username before the database name and the database user ?

Whilst you are in the ABVFP installation page, click on the yellow ?

beside the database related fields, to get the help window opened
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Naval

Yes i know it does.

I have entered the database name and the dbusername just as shown in the installation manual.
                Btw the word file says CP_username_dbname/CP_username_dbusername
                and the online yellow ? says CPusername_dbname/CPusername_dbusernam.

Which one is the correct one? even though I tried them both

Comment

Got that one over with ... actualy it was my fault cause I named the folder in the public_html with a small case abvfp and in the form filled it with a capital.

Anyway after I pressed the ABVFP control panel I received another error message going

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ldjufuzl_victor'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/ldjufuzl/public_html/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_admin1.php on line 19 Connection Error. Please check parameters in the file config.php"

Victor

Comment

It is the same. If, in example, your CP username is abcdefg and the user you have created is raven then your Database username to type in ABVFP will be abcdefg_raven.

Similarly, if the database name is ABVFP the actual name will be abcdefg_ABVFP

The password instead, remains exactly as you have provided it.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Ok, this is due to another fact: when you create a user for a database, you need to also GRANT him access to the database. This is done by ADDING the specific user to the specific database, and giving him ALL privileges. it seems that you have missed this step.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I have done that but still keep receiving the same error

Comment

register me

Comment

Originally posted by raven520 View Post
                            I have done that but still keep receiving the same error
                            There is no other reason. If the connection details are correct, the ONLY other possible reason is that he user has no access to the database.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

As a new user to this I only have one complaint so far and that the instructions are in Word, now I have to download MS Office just to read how to install this, in the future I would recommend using the standard Wordpad like your readme to place install notes.

Thanks,
                              GD13

Comment

You are right. However, a PDF is what i will include, as it allows image inclusion and better formatting.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X