This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

awesome! well, it works, the images arent coming up....this brings up a question...why suddenly are the permissions of my files being set to 6 4 4
    Robert
    www.GraphXntrix.com
    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

The permissions are correct if they are 644. I can see your footer image perfectly.

Now, your script works ok, but you have mistaken this: look at the source code when you go in the next page after loggin. If you look at the code, you will see that bothe the header and the footer images are there, BUT, the footer one covers the header one, because you have used BV's absolute coordinate system, and both images are placed in top 0 left o position, (that's the upper left corner)

If your script page is standard height, the solution is easy: go back in BV, and move the footer image downwards, as much as needed to place it under the script's echoes. republish the site_footer page and you are going to be ok.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Awesome, thanks naval! Now I can start working on putting the menu in it, LOL.
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com
        Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Hey Naval - I was just searching for some info and came across this:

Switching from .html to .php:

Tell Apache to parse all .html files a .php file. Using this method you do not have to change any files extensions or worry about any redirects. To do this, place this code in your httpd.conf file:

Code
          AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html
          okies - if this is the case - and you know where we would put this - then anyone can use this new method without it hurting page rank.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

This file is not accessible in shared hosting (as the one we have here). If someone changed it, it would be changed for all customers hosted on that server. It is the configuration file of the Apache server system
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I was afraid that would be the answer. Okies, back to the drawing board :)
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Life road is always upwards.....
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi, any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?
                  I have only made 1 .php test page & all was working ok with 1 menu (left side) But now I have added an extra top menu things have changed with the side menu.
                  The top menu works fine, but the side menu seems to have lost the link on every other link as you go down the menu. (Strange) This is the link to the .php page.
                  http://www.collectors-info.com/index_clone.php

Thanks.
                  PS. If you do click on any of the links that work. You will go to the html side of the site & all is working fine here .
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Naval,
                    Just a question - why can't I do what I asked above as they are talking about in this thread?
                    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/wor...cess-file.html
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi beth,

the htaccess file, that they are talking about in the thread you posted, is a file within YOUR OWN SITE (you may have or create one even for subdomains and addon domains).

The httpd.conf file instaed is a SYSTEM file, which defined how the APACHE server should behave. If you have a dedicated server, which of course you control, there is no problem having your webmaster set it as you like. But, in shared hosting, the settings of this file will affect all the sites hosted on that server, so acceess is not allowed to users.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                        Hi, any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?
                        I have only made 1 .php test page & all was working ok with 1 menu (left side) But now I have added an extra top menu things have changed with the side menu.
                        The top menu works fine, but the side menu seems to have lost the link on every other link as you go down the menu. (Strange) This is the link to the .php page.
                        http://www.collectors-info.com/index_clone.php

Thanks.
                        PS. If you do click on any of the links that work. You will go to the html side of the site & all is working fine here .
                        Hi Chris,

i have just tried it and both side bar links and topbar links work ok. ???
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval, thanks for having a look.
                          Still have the same problem using 3 different machines?
                          The ones that won’t work are!
                          How it works
                          Club / Business
                          Joining
                          Calendar
                          & so on with every other one down the left side.
                          This is only on the one php page http://www.collectors-info.com/index_clone.php & not
                          on the pages after this. (.html) The links all work fine on these.

Thanks.
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                            Hi Naval, thanks for having a look.
                            Still have the same problem using 3 different machines?
                            The ones that won’t work are!
                            How it works
                            Club / Business
                            Joining
                            Calendar
                            & so on with every other one down the left side.
                            This is only on the one php page http://www.collectors-info.com/index_clone.php & not
                            on the pages after this. (.html) The links all work fine on these.

Thanks.
                            Hi Naval, Skip the last posting I have worked out it can all be done with one template & 1 html insert for all pages. Not sure why the last one wouldn’t work. Oh well.

Thanks anyway.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Naval,
                              Thanks for the great tut. I am using some pages as .php with the menu but have decided to keep my index page and one other page as an .html file. After 5 years I have gotten a top 10 ranking on Google with the appropriate search terms and don't want to jeopardize that.
                              When previewing my .php pages my html box containing the menu does not show. Is that usual? It works fine, however when viewing on the "Net.
                              Thanks again
                              CarbonTerry
                              Semper Fi
                              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                              Zone 5 Photo
                              My USMC

Comment

Yes, it is normal that it doesn't appear. You see, it has to be retreived from the server using php. When in preview, you are on computer level, where php doesn't work (unless one has Apache server / php environment installed on his computer, something that usually only programmers have)
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X