This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Text Area in Wordpress Blog

When I log into my Wordpress Admin to post a new blog entry, the text box area is complete inaccessible. I can add a title, but that's it. The text box will not allow me to type or paste anything. When I clicked on Edit on my previous blog entries, the title of the post is there but the text box is blank. The Visual and Text tabs do not work either.
    B2B Copywriter

Re: Can't Text Area in Wordpress Blog

Log in as Administrator, and double-check User Permissions (under Manage Users), which specify who is allowed to Create, Edit, or Modify posts.

If this is not helping, you may wish to remove the Theme you have applied and revert back to the Default theme to verify functionality of the Blog itself. If using Defaults the functionality is restored, you need to contact the Author of the Theme for troubleshooting.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sorry, but I cannot find anywhere in WordPress anything called User Permissions or Manage Users. I'm using the latest version of Wordpress and I'm already using the default template.
      B2B Copywriter

Comment

Originally posted by DavidCoyne View Post
        Sorry, but I cannot find anywhere in WordPress anything called User Permissions or Manage Users. I'm using the latest version of Wordpress and I'm already using the default template.
        Review the following Wordpress Codex >> http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

Of course, you need to know how to access the Admin Dashboard and the various listed function areas.

User Roles ("Permissions") can be set in Administration Panel > Settings > General

Comment

The whole issue seems browser related. The problem only occurs when I log into my blog using Firefox or Chrome. If I log in using Explorer, there's no problem at all. Guess I'll have to use Explorer to post.
          B2B Copywriter

Comment

Interesting. Usually, it's the other way around, especially since Win8 came out with IE11 with the radical change in "winnet" vs. "winsock" (the FTP methodology bug).

Comment

Working...
            X