This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers and footers...how do?

question 1) how do i create footers and headers for my page?..... question 2) if i dont create a footer for my page, and my text is larger than the space between the top image and the bottom image of my template, will the bottom image move down by its own to give space for the whole text amount or does it have to be footer in order for it to move down on its own? ....
    i hope i explained No. 2 clearly, if not just No. 1 may help a great deal....

thank you all...

Re: headers and footers...how do?

Headers and footers are just part of the content of the pages.
    Create a template page with the header.
    Now create a real page using this template.
    Add the content. At the bottom add your fotter as you like it.

For the next page, use the same template, then add the content, and last, copy/paste the footer elements from the first page you made.

UNLESS you want to create pages that use a header and a footer and be able to update all pages at once, which is done using this trick.

BV is a WYSIWYG webbuilder, so the page will NOT stretch automatically to fit the content , in other words, it will not move the footer down, you need to manually move it according to your content.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

What happened to your "this trick" link??
      Cheers,
      Muzz

Comment

Try this
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

but i think header and footer have strong point in any content as they described about the whole page.
          70-272 - 350-040 - 642-973 - 642-072

Comment

Question...if you create a template you want to use for all pages, can you then change all pages by changing the template? For example, I may want to add another menu item to the header part of all of my pages; would changing the template update all pages that are using that template? I'm trying to avoid having to change every single page...
            Thanks
            Jason Stallworth
            TheMuscleProgram.com (main/first site)
            http://www.themuscleprogram.com/

My product site:
            http://www.hardcoremusclebuildingprogram.com/

http://www.jasonstallworth.com

Working on a metal/guitar site...coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by flexworth View Post
              Question...if you create a template you want to use for all pages, can you then change all pages by changing the template? For example, I may want to add another menu item to the header part of all of my pages; would changing the template update all pages that are using that template? I'm trying to avoid having to change every single page...
              Thanks
              NO, not any more with the new compliant coding of BV12 (see explanation below that renders this thread and method obsolete).
              Each "Template" is simply a single page with certain attributes (Menu links, etc.) and if you wish to change one item, you will need to make the same change on all the pages and re-publish them individually. Not a big deal, but not as "automatic" as things once was.

*When using BV12, you must not use the SAVE PAGE AS method to duplicate pages or to "re-name" pages, even if importing Pages or Page HTML into BlueVoda (all of which will require re-coding, re-configuration, or simply adding new to the page), as this will conflict with how the new coding of BV12 is written and result in ill-formatted or dysfunctional elements on your pages (especially if attempting to use the "BV PHP Include" or the "Single Page Menu BV + PHP" method, both of which are no longer usable - period!).

Instead
              , create a page template or use the CLONE method and proceed to
              manually embed each dynamic element (Menu, scripts, etc.) onto the page using the COPY+PASTE method, making sure each element is uniquely added to the page before you Save it and Publish. Also important is to name each image uniquely for each page, and to not embed (Paste) universally the same image with the same Title.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X